XxSylentiumxX
 


Costume :Luka Megurine
Variant :Alice in Musicland
Source :volcaloid
Progress :Complete
Worn At :London MCM Expo October 2012


Costume Photos

The trio of Mischeif

Luka & Kaito

Luka 1

Make up test

Ref 2

ref1

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £50
Time Taken : 2 weeks

Comments

Avatar Image

This is such an adorable design :D

by gaming_goddess on Monday, 3 September, 2012 - 08:39
Avatar Image

Yeah its really cute isn't? ^^ I haven't anyone seen make a cosplay of this yet so I hope I do a good job

by XxSylentiumxX on Monday, 3 September, 2012 - 09:08
Avatar Image

This is going to look great on you ^_^

by SamanthaKaiba on Monday, 3 September, 2012 - 10:14
Avatar Image

Aw thank you, sweetie <3

by XxSylentiumxX on Monday, 3 September, 2012 - 11:26
Avatar Image

Progress is looking so lovely! :3 I'm so excited! but damn you I need to get a move on with Meiko XD

by Pandora-Chi on Tuesday, 4 September, 2012 - 20:05
Avatar Image

Such a cute design. I can't wait to see this at Expo!

by Nomes on Thursday, 27 September, 2012 - 19:58
Avatar Image

Aww thank you ^^ I think I missed you at Expo though ;_; I
hope to wear this again at some point <3

by XxSylentiumxX on Wednesday, 14 November, 2012 - 13:45
Avatar Image

love the pictures...this looks great

by SamanthaKaiba on Monday, 1 April, 2013 - 14:46
Avatar Image

@SamanthaKaiba: thank you, lovely ^^ I had a lot of fun making this outfit!

by XxSylentiumxX on Monday, 1 April, 2013 - 15:12
 

Journal

Stripe fabric issues (Posted 1st September 2012)

The underskirt was quite tricky- mainly because finding striped pink and black fabric was uncommon. So I had to create my own. I used 3m of thick poly plain cotton and evenly cut out a trapezium shape for the skirt.
I used 3 rolls of masking tape and attempted to carefully put each section down for the stripe ( very time consuming). When it was finished , I then took the fabric outside and pinned on the washing line to commence with the spray painting.
Unfortunately it ran out in middle section- so I had to make a mad dash to the store and bought 4 bottles of Black fabric paint. This resulted in painting each striped section by hand . I pinned the fabric back on to the washing to allow it dry for couple hours. Afterwards I took of the masking tape and proceed to heat set the fabric with the iron. There were a few mistakes where the fabric lapsed slightly between the masking tape,however it wasn't a bad attempt.

Kitty Tail =(^-.-^)= (Posted 31st August 2012)

Bought 1m of light pink felt from ebay and fold the material in half, and drew the shape straight on. It was cut out , sewn and stuffed with wadding from an old pillow

Dress top (Posted 30th August 2012)

This part I found slightly more difficult, as the front section had a keyhole opening on the bodice. I bought 3m of Thick drill cotton and used ordinary poly cotton for lining. I used a evening dress pattern to form the basis of the bodice. To make the straps, instead of allowing it to go straight across the shoulders, I crossed them over the front to create a halter neck. I then hand sewn the two sections together so that the they can blend seamlessly with the fabric.

For the bottom half of the dress top, again I had to create my own pattern as the skirt was rounded and placed in two halves. I estimated my waist by half and additional 6" for the overlapping and gathering .

Mr. Sleeves :D (Posted 24th August 2012)

I noticed that sleeve are very long for this outfit and I didn't have a pattern to base them on. I got a sleeve from my previous Yuko cosplay (as they are detachable) and fold the pink cotton fabric in half and drafted the shape.
I then used a lighter pink cotton for the lining and accent the darker pink to give the sleeves more weight.