|Time Taken :||Just over a year on and off|
|I did try very hard to scale up AKA’s model of Horo from www.tailgrab.org he was also very kind as he counted the numbers of dots and diamonds on the tops and bottoms of the sleeves and dress of his figure for me. So what I couldn’t see in the photos I could work out from the amounts on the different sections. However when I did scale it up I wasn’t very confident in walking around in a dress that short, and naturally I wasn’t graced with her proportions mine being more of a skinny pear shape. To counter this and the fact my tail was going to push the back of the dress up I did add a couple of inches to the length. Also when looking through these photos please note I did encounter some problems. Firstly the ribbon I made for the top of the arms I originally made straight when I later changed the arm tops to a curve. I couldn’t get it to bend and hadn’t really thought it through properly. Luckily I keep left over paint mixes in jars for emergencies such as this and had enough left over fabric to remake some curved ribbons for the sleeve tops. |
Another problem was even though it was accurate to my scale up of the model the dress was way to baggy at the top. On the model (https://tailgrab.org/2009/02/review-fp-takis-terrible-horo-figure/) if you look carefully there’s nothing supporting the outermost corners of the sleeve tops. She’s either got magical ghosts holding it up from the sides or it’s got something I can’t see supporting it. However more logically, it’s a model it has its own gravity rules as it’s made of plastic. To counter this problem I did take it in very slightly later. I also bought a boob tube I covered with pop fasteners underneath to hold it up, and made armbands from an elastic ribbon with pop fasteners on as well to hold up the sleeves.
All in all this costume looks simple but I did find it a bit of struggle. However it was worth it in the end as I had a lot of fun in it at October Expo .