|I have thought about this design for ages, but never really done much more than that |
I thought that this would be a nice alt outfit for her, everything is similar...just a little longer ^_^
Ref is made in Photoshop ^_^
RETIRED DUE TO DUSTER BEING MADE INTO ORIGINAL DUSTER WITH NO SLEEVES
PHOTOS (Posted 24th March 2013)
Finally got some photos for this...not 100% happy with the way I looked (the wig's fringe just looks wrong) but I couldn't pass up on the weather. My nan's back garden was a nice setting for my photos and I had members of my family watching from the windows, giving me posing advice ¬.¬
Duster 99% (Posted 30th September 2012)
This is my completed duster for my winter Rinoa, all that needs to be done is for the ties to be tidied up as they look really messy and don't look how they should. I may try different methods to make sure it looks better. I will post a better picture once this is done.
1st Sleeve Completed (Posted 22nd September 2012)
This is the sleeve for the duster but I won't attach it onto the main duster until I have knitted the other one.
So Much Progress (Posted 22nd September 2012)
I have been working on this so much lately as it is so close to being completed ^_^ I now have a duster and one sleeve...the sleeves took longer than I thought they would take but oh well I'm nearly there and in a couple of days, the other sleeve should be done also.
This is my progress on the overall outfit...some items still needs a little altering but it is getting there ^_^
Back Details (Posted 2nd September 2012)
I have been working on this for a little while and I have nearly finished the duster part of it. But I need to put up the back piece details up here so I don't lose them ^_^
I started with 100 stitches for the back piece and then knitted up to where I decreased on the side panels. Then I needed to decrease on both sides for 52 rows.
It was then worked out that I needed to decrease 2 stitches every third row (1 stitch each side) so I needed to do the following:
Knit as normal
This leaves me with 66 stitches left.
Straps on side panels: 20 stitches
Next I needed to knit 14 rows without decreasing, then I need to section off the collar part which consists of 26 stitches in the middle of the panel with 20 stitches on each side for the straps.
Once the collar stitches have been sectioned off, 18 rows need to be knitted for the back to meet up with the straps.
Then I plan to put half of the collar stitches back on the needles and shape the curve by decreasing and then repeat the process for the other half of the collar.
I will update once all this has been completed ^_^
Side Detail (Posted 12th August 2012)
I have been putting this off for ages but now I want to get it finished. But I'm just adding the details here so I don't forget ^_^
56 Stitches until bust/underarm
Finally for the last 25 rows I need to lose 6 stitches so I need to
I hope to get both sides done today as I only need to do the decreasing on both sides now ^_^
Knitting (Posted 22nd July 2012)
I have decided to start knitting the sleeved duster and I hope to get it completed sooner than my original duster ¬.¬ I love how this wool feels at the moment and it feels so much lighter than my other one ^_^
This is the progress that I have made on one of the side panels in one day ^_^
^_^ (Posted 16th July 2012)
I have finished the updated skirt and I have decided that the 3 buttons still look good on the skirt so I'm sticking with the 3 buttons. I have a black v-neck t-shirt that I want to use so that's done. I have a pair of leggings, but I need to get zips for them and then they will be finished.
I just have the knit the new duster, which will take up most of my time and I need to look into wools etc etc but I have made a start on this so it's going in progress ^_^