|Time Taken :||Three months to compile high-street/eBay buys.|
|This costume was wonderful to wear, all floor-sweeping skirt and figure-hugging corset. While exploring Olympia's balcony, I found myself swaggering along, very in-character, and was having too much fun to call myself off...|
I compiled this entire costume from high-street buys: The black cobweb dress and shirt were Topshop, the teal underskirt New Look and the corset Next. My wig was brushed out from a previous Bellatrix Lestrange costume with plaited and dreadlocked extensions added, and was surprisingly heavy to wear!
While very few guests at LFCC recognised the character, Anthony Head himself commented on my costume, and I was able to meet and trade costume construction stories with a fellow Series Four Morgana, with her very own Aithusa!
All-in-all, Morgana was a great pleasure to wear for my very first day of my very first convention ever!
* Hair - A mess, to put it bluntly. Black and curly with some dreadlocks, wrapped in dark green cloth. One longer, loose plait, waist-length, over left shoulder.
* Make-up - Pale skin with green eye-shadow, both on and below lids; maybe also liner. Pale lips and natural nails, reasonably short. Don't ask me how she applies pristine make-up on a daily basis and can't find time to brush her hair...
* Corset - Black, sits on the bust, not above, and features some epic cleavage. Laces with leather thong up the back, complete with lots of boning channels and seams. The whole thing is wrapped in suede cord, which appears to fasten on the shoulders, and is strung with five silver flower studs and three petal-like beads.
* Dress - Floor-sweeping and long-sleeved, with a very low neckline, in black crochet spider's web fabric. Nothing's hemmed, which saves me a nice chunk of time, and the whole thing is frayed to within an inch of its life. Skirt is ripped into swags down right leg seam and double layered with a teal fabric, which also peaks out just about corset.
* Footwear - Black leather boots, low heel. Barely seen underneath skirt.
* Accessories - None.
|Make/buy black corset.||High||Complete|
|Finish styling wig.||High||Complete|
|Attach silver beads, flower studs and suede thong to corset.||Medium||Complete|
|Buy black satchel.||Medium||Complete|
|Black wig - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Green cloth for dreadlocks||£1.87||Bought|
|Topshop black cobweb long-sleeved shirt||£10.00||Bought|
|Three silver beads||£0.45||Bought|
|Topshop black cobweb maxi dress||£18.58||Bought|
|Black extensions - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Black suede cord - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Five flower studs - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
|Black leather boots - Already owned||£0.00||Bought|
Pitiful attempt at a journal entry... (Posted 14th July 2012)
So I didn't actually update this throughout the whole cosplay-gathering process. I suck so hard. However, this is the regular list of Things I Would Change If I Get the Opportunity To Wear This Costume Again!:
* The wig is one of the biggest issues, I think. I brushed and hair-dried and sprayed it out a lot straighter than it ended up, but forgot to RE-brush it before wearing on Saturday, after it had come straight out of its box, and the curls had sprang back in. However, I did love the dreadlocks and green cloth additions, which made the hair that much more SA.
However, while there were negative aspects, I still loved a heck of a lot about this costume: