|Cost :||About £40 (wig was the most expensive bit)|
|Time Taken :||About a week in total|
|EDIT: Aerith is complete for Expo! The skirt details almost killed me, and I had to sew in wig clips into the wig as the plait was too heavy XD but she is done and I can't wait to wear her :D|
To be worn with the awesome FF Round up Crisis Core group!
I've always been fond of Aerith (or Aeris, I don't mind too much how it's said) despite FFVII not being a favourite game, and I like the simplicity yet innocence of her Crisis Core outfit. This will be a nice Friday cosplay :)
HOW I MADE ITTTTTTTT:
Here's another of my cosplays that should have been simple but ended up being long and tedious OTL
First of all, I am too nitpicky, and wanted tops that were completely accurate. As in, a white shoestring top with a fuschia top underneath with slightly wider straps. However, I was looking in the middle of the autumn season when you would never see those kind of things... luckily, H&M sold those tops, but the fuschia top ended up being white so I could dye it myself, and I made sure it was 100% cotton!
So I dyed the top "flamingo pink" along with some cotton scraps I fashioned into a bow for the wig, which I bought secondhand off a nice cosplayer on Ebay :D I had to sew wig clips into the wig, as the plait was HEAVYYY and when wearing it, by the end of the day, my head hurt from where it tugged at my hair XD but I survived!
I bought some fake flowers and green felt and created the floral assemble on the top, this was quite fun to do! The blue bows on the top and bottom of the white top is blue corded rope.
The skirt is made from white crepe I had leftover from Celestia. It's elasticated at the top! The light blue patterns seen on the skirt and bottom of the top were a nuisance to make. Made from polycotton, I created the base strip of fabric, and then created a pattern of criss cross, which meant I had to cut squares out of the fabric to fully replicate the design. Told you it was tedious XD then was the fun in sewing it all together. The bottom strip is a darker polycotton.
The sandals were a pair bought from M&S - I had originally bought some pink leather dye, but it never turned up and I had to get a refund. In the end, I found some scrap pink material and sewed it onto the sandal. It killed my fingers badly! XD I then painted on the floral pattern. They were nice to wear....except for the blister hahahah!
The flowers I bought were from Wilko's for like a quid a bunch, I was really lucky to find them.
|white and pink tops||Medium||Complete|
|flowers on white top||Low||Complete|