|This costume was rather easy to make to start with but some of the details were a pain.|
I used a Bodyline wig which is the closest to the reference art I was looking at and at a reasonable price (it was either a wig I would have to cut a lot of of or something a bit shorter). It's really soft except it sheds like a Border Collie. Thoguh it cuts nicely and it rather suits me.
The dress was made using a good quality cotton which was rather handy for how bloody warm it was (answer it was still bloody hot!!!) and the hat was made with the same material. Cover buttons are annoying though.
Boots were knee high boots painted in acrylic paints with a layer of gloss. They came out pretty bright blue. Buttons were then sewn onto the boots. Easy to stab the pins in but not so easy to sew on. Least they stayed on reasonably well.
The gloves were made out of lycra but over the day they fell apart pretty easily but they were really REALLY comfortable to wear. And to sew as well.
The book is made out of a probably soppy romance novel that my Gran had which was then covered in faux leather and painted. Unfortunately it's not as accurate as I would like due to making some fake hinges in which the paint didn't dry at all on the fake hinges but kind of on the book but that will probably be improved on. As is getting some decent tights that don't ladder (but that's what I get for buying cheapo tights) I also made a deck of Persona cards which are a pretty handy prop to have.
I'm pleased with how she debuted. Talk about the right place at the right time.
Best Velvet Room attendant and by gosh she's an awesome character. And she's all powerful in Persona 4 Arena though she'll probably be nerfed ha ha. I'd also like to think I'd suit her well but then again that varies from person to person
And I just love her overall aesthetic. The hat, the way her hair is cut and that lovely blue dress.
Friday costume or whenever it gets too hot at Amecon. Le Grimoire de Couer is not as polished as I would like (fecking hinges) but it's presentable at least.
Will also be taking to MCM Expo October 2012.
Dress 50% done (Posted 15th June 2012)
Dress was made from navy blue and royal blue cotton. In fact this was pretty easy to sew apart from the time the sewing machine decided to be a dick and eat all my thread while doing diagonal stitch but then I found out there was some sort of overlock mode on the machine. OTL. Though I also had to do one of the back panels twice because they were uneven. I can say the fit is rather good if a bit baggy (I may make it a little more fitted on the waist) but overall it's getting there and looking kind of nice. I need to add in the collar, do ALL THE APPLIQUE (I'm going to be kind of sick of circles after this project is done ha ha) and hem the sleeves and dress then the dress is complete.