|Cost :||A bit over £100 (Thanks, customs, for making my wig half of that <_<)|
|Awards :||Prize at Hyde Park Xmas cosplay meet-up!|
|Time Taken :||Added up, a couple of weeks.|
|Have been wanting to cosplay Raz ever since I played Psychonauts, which is one of my all-time favourites games. However, whilst browsing goggles on ebay for ideas, I kept running into steampunk-associated items, which is where I began to get the idea of taking a new look at the costume.|
|Go to Primark, buy shirt, maybe boots, possibly look for a bag that could be adapted to save time.||High||Complete|
|Try on combat boots, test comfort. If uncomfortable, buy comfy boots.||High||Complete|
|Finish, fine tune and tidy everything!||High||Planned|
|Attach Ear Pieces||Medium||Planned|
|Line trousers, jacket and corset||Medium||Planned|
Test run! (Posted 22nd December 2008)
Ok, after finishing the necessary pieces, I took them for a test run to a cosplay meet.
1) MUST LINE THE TROUSERS! Having just fleece on your skin is a sweaty nightmare, I shall line them with that satiny lining stuff. Anything will be an improvement. However, as trousers, they were comfy, and worked fine! No other alterations required!
2) TIDY JACKET AND ADD POCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no time to cut loose threads and such. It's fine in general, just needs some general neatening up. And pockets are a must: I refuse to spend another day rummaging in a bag every few minutes.
3) LINE CORSET. Waaaaaay too sweaty D:
4) ADD EAR PIECES TO HAT. I ran out of time.
5) PAINT GOGGLES. Again, time.
6) SEW PATCHES, AND VELCRO FASTENINGS TO BAG. This was really a rush job - it still worked, but needs a more convenient opening system, and the velcro which I hastily glued on just came off straight away.
Since this isn't too much, I'll have it done for May :D I'm going to take a break from cosplaying until after my birthday in February now. I need some time to relax, and concentrate on college work.
Jacket (Posted 13th December 2008)
I have all the main pieces cut, and it's part pinned. I'm going to have to concentrate on college work for the next couple of days, but as soon as that's handed in on Monday, I'll get sewing solidly. (This needs to be finished to a wearable standard for next weekend.)
Progress (Posted 11th December 2008)
So far I have the trousers and corset officially complete. The hat still needs the ear pieces sewing on, but it's nearly there. The shirt and scarf are pre-bought due to time limitations, the cosplay meetup's in under 2 weeks. Depending on the weather as it gets to May, I may need to rethink some of the costume anyway, as this thing is roasting.
Making good progress (Posted 5th December 2008)
I've only got about 2 weeks till the cosplay picnic, but I only have one major piece left to make the costume at least wearable, which is the jacket. However, I'm hoping to get a lot more done than that. Currently I'm making the corset/bustier thingy, am gonna move onto the jacket after that.
Trousers are go! (Posted 26th November 2008)
Started cutting and sewing them today, making good headway! They're now wearable, all I have left to do is sew on the waistband (to prevent the indecency of them falling down LOL), hem the bottoms, and... lol I think that's it. In the picture, those boots I'm wearing are not my Raz boots, they are my Oki boots. They really don't work for Raz at all, do they? xD But I needed to test how the trousers worked with boots. I'm quite pleased so far! They're very warm and comfy, the downside being they squeak a lot, thanks to the leather!