Yuka
 


Costume :The Handmaid
Variant :adult
Source :MS Paint Adventures - Homestuck
Progress :Complete
Worn At :London MCM Expo May 2012


Costume Photos

Make-up Test

Horns done

Progress!

Horns Progress

Reference

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £20

Description
The amazing SachikoYumi encouraged me to do this again ;w; I'm so excited, I'm really glad that she convinced me to do it <3 <3 <3 Ancestors grouuuup!!!

Comments

Avatar Image

Omg erin <3! YES YES!! IM so glad i managed to change your mind usdushdsudshd we shall get some bloody brilliant photos <3 <3 <3 ANCESTORS GO GO

by SachikoYumi on Saturday, 17 March, 2012 - 16:06
Avatar Image

DEM HORNS GURL.

is that seriously just two packs of fimo light? Where the hell are you getting it from xD are they hollow?

by CharlotteLuna on Sunday, 18 March, 2012 - 04:01
Avatar Image

Wow, Looks awesome!
Those Horns are Brilliant! ^^

by Karakulz on Sunday, 20 May, 2012 - 22:24
Avatar Image

Everything looks amazing so far, I love the dress :) And the horns look so good!

by amayhun on Sunday, 20 May, 2012 - 22:36
Avatar Image

Looks amazing! the horns are epic ^^

by Einmyria on Sunday, 20 May, 2012 - 22:58
Avatar Image

It's a good thing I like you more than I hate gifs ;)

I love your Handmaid. The horns must have been incredibly fiddly to make and you've got all the details down, even the little traily bit on the dress <3

by Amy-Lou on Thursday, 3 January, 2013 - 12:21

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOW!!!!
Such A Cutiee <3

And How did you make your horn attach ?? Like how do they stay on ???
*too cuute <3

by NimbleLight on Friday, 8 February, 2013 - 21:34
 

Shopping List

2 packs of Fimo Air Light£13.70Bought
Heels from Primark£12.00Bought
21 Buttons£9.45Bought
3M Silk Satin Charmeuse Fabric£21.82Bought
Total£56.97

Journal

Horns done! (Posted 21st May 2012)

Most awkward things to sand and paint EVER.

Horn Painting Progress (Posted 21st May 2012)

Just a quick base coat

Horns Progress 2 (Posted 18th March 2012)

Ran out of expanding foam and that shit's expensive so I bulked up the rest with tinfoil. Then I wrapped it all in masking tape (used an entire roll for each horn) to cover any holes and to flatten any lumps, and to help keep the tinfoil compacted against the horn.

Finally I covered each horn with 1 packet of 250g fimo air dry light each.

Horns Progress 1 (Posted 18th March 2012)

I made the base shape out of armature wire and then covered it with expanding foam. Had to do this in a few different stages because the foam would fall off the top pieces of wire so I could only work on the part of the horn that was touching the newspaper at a time.