|Awards :||'Most Detail and Awesome Applique' - Ayacon '09 Cosplay Competition|
|Time Taken :||54 hours~|
Please refer to my Journal for information on how the costume was made.
Bought Products so far~
StarGazer Purple Lipstick + Eyeshadow : £3.00
Snazaroo blue body paint: £3.50
4 metres Black PolyCotton : £10.50
1 metre Aqua Blue Polycotton: £2.00
Orange Wig: £12
Bonda Web 3 metres : £9
White Fabric 2 metres : £2
Doll Fimo : £10.50
2XAqua + Sliver Fabric paint : £6
3D AQUA Fabric Paint : £1
Glow-in-the-Dark AQUA paint (60ml) : £11.50
Red Contact Lenses : £15
Contact Case/ Solution : £6.00
Light Green Fabric 2 metres : £4
Dark coloured Chalk : 90p
Snazaroo light green body paint : £3.50
Black Tights x2 : £1.00
False Lashes : £2.50
Blue Nail Polish : £1.00
Sliver Spray Paint : £2.00
|Paint / Bondaweb inside of Cloak||High||Complete|
|Outline patterns on cloak/skirt and sleeves with Chalk||High||Complete|
|Measure + cut cloak||High||Complete|
|Paint/ BondaWeb pattern on Cloak||High||Complete|
|Sew around ALL Applique||High||Planned|
|Make top with sleeves attatched.||Medium||Complete|
|Re-Make Tiara-sake thingy||Medium||Planned|
|Re-attacht Lining to Cloak||Medium||Planned|
|Find 'Pale' Blue Body paint. Suggestions would be highly appreciated!||Medium||Planned|
|Make New Sleeves/ Sewn Applique||Medium||Planned|
|Ankel bracelet = Fimo||Low||Complete|
|make Hood + Cloak Sleeves||Low||Complete|
The Wig (Posted 21st August 2009)
The most fun part indeed!
Sleeves/Skirt (Posted 21st August 2009)
The Applique was the same for the Sleeves and Skirt, just whatever was blue i used a Turquoise fabric paint ontop of the white fabric. The Arm sleeves were abit of a failure, the top was so tight that putting it on would tear any applique that was under concentrated stress. So i'm gonna need to remake the sleeves and actually sew the edges for extra strength.
Jewerly (Posted 21st August 2009)
The Applique on the cloak is complete! PVA glueing the edges was a good idea, it stops the fraying and leaves no marks. Then with a Aqua-blue Glow-in-the-dark paint i painted the edges of the patterns so when put under a blue light or a black room it glows! Didn't have a chance to show that effect at Ayacon unfortunately. Midna's cloak has a hint of black rings going across it so with a diluted black acrylic i painted them, but you can only notice it if your face is practically in it. ;/
Applique (Posted 9th August 2009)
Slowly but surely i started cutting out the shapes and sticking them onto the cloak via Bondaweb. The Chalk was then washed off with a damp cloth. The white fabric has started to fray abit so i'm gonna try sealing it with PVA Glue round the edges, hopefully it'll work!
Masking out the pattern. (Posted 31st July 2009)
Before attempting to paint/bodaweb any fabric i laid down the cloak and chalked out the whole pattern~ I drew one side and then folded the cloak over so the chalk would imprint on the otherside giving a perfectly symmetrical pattern. This took 2 1/2 hours.
Putting the Cloak together. (Posted 31st July 2009)
The hood, figuring out how to make the point of it protrude out was a slight nightmare, but after playing around with it in front of a mirror i sewn it up and got the result. Next was the retangle hole ontop of the hood which was just cut out and then edges hemmed.
The sleeves were very odd! Whoever designed this costume was mad...It took about an hour to figure out how the sleeve attachtes to both the inside and outside of the cloak.
Starting off... (Posted 31st July 2009)
I bought all the required fabrics ( 4 metres Black PolyCotton - 1 metre Aqua Polycotton) and then laid them down on the floor. After looking at reference images i chalked out the shape of the cloak measuring it to my body proportions. I put down the lining (50/50 aqua and black) ontop of it, then traced the cloak outline and finally cut away any excess.