Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|Time Taken :||3 or 4 months|
|My favourite cosplay to date, simply for the snakes. What is it with me and obscure cosplays?|
The wig and top detail were relatively simple to do. I prebought them as plain clothes then spent most of my money on fabric paint.
Wig was from Cosworx, originally was £30 but it was a birthday present so technically got that for free.
The snakes were made by cutting out the flat shape of a snake, then adding another layer for the head. I made them as one big snake then threaded the wire through so I could wrap it around my waist. I sewed pink fabric in between to make the mouth, cut up a red scarf to make the tongues and made the eyes from some old green fabric I found in a drawer.
|Snakes? Snakes? SNAAAKES!||Medium||Complete|
|Galvanised gardening wire||£2.00||Bought|
|Green and red fabric paints||£10.00||Bought|
Snakes finally done (Posted 9th August 2009)
So it only took two months but HELLZ YEAH! In the end I decided to make the snakes as one big snake with two heads, so I could fix the wire around my waist. I must admit I had help from my neighbour here as it was very difficult and nearly resulted in a broken sewing machine. So major kudos to her for helping me with this, all that is left is to paint the boob patterns on the top.
Starting up again (Posted 4th August 2009)
Hmm as the length of time between journal entries would suggest, I only recently got to work on the snakes a fortnight ago due to being in France and being in a sling. Good news is they are in progress but very tediously and with any luck will be done by the end of the week, meaning I'd just need to paint the top then finally be DONE!
Mock up snake is made of fail! (Posted 3rd June 2009)
Instead of revising this afternoon (brain imploded) I decided to do a mock up of one of the snakes that will be attached to my back. Thanks to KhaosKreator on the CI forums who gave me advice on how to make them, though unfortunately thing s went rather wrong at the end when I tried to sew some pink fabric on for the inside of the mouth so the head is very rectangular and not circular. However I know how to sort this out (or so I think) so plan to make both snakes once I'm back home properly for the summer. Then all I need to do is paint the top and attach the snakes. They won't be exactly like the ones in the picture, probably a lot lesser exciting but this is the closest I've ever got to prop making so miracles will not happen here.
A spanner in the works (Posted 28th May 2009)
So the skirt is done, yay! But as usual something is still wrong, my feet can be seen D: For some reason this wasn't a problem the first time I tried it on and I have ironed out the mesh at the bottom which will hopefully help. I'm going to get an underskirt which will hopefully solve the problem but luckily if i crouch down it's hidden and looks like I actually am coming out of the ground...ish
Paint paint paint! (Posted 13th May 2009)
The snazaroo paint has arrived and fabric paint for the skirt is on the way. Stupidly I'm still looking around for a decent skirt, I'm looking for a hooped one now because I think it would be a little more convincing that I'm coming out of the ground. I've also found some GOLD fabric that I may use for the snakes, because gold snakes are just a little cooler than yellow snakes.
Wigness (Posted 1st April 2009)
After 3 weeks of parcelforce trying to charge an extra £20 for service charges (how this poses a threat to international security/terrorism/whatever the reason was), the wig has arrived! This was on top of the price of the wig and shipping charges, ripoff really. It is now my baby, it reminds me of something from the We Will Rock You musical which is a very good musical indeed. That aside, the wig was a (late by the time it arrived) birthday present from my mum, so that's £30 saved and being accumulated towards the next part of this cosplay which will either be a green corset or black material for the skirt.