|Time Taken :||2 months in total|
|An inspiration from the film the Last Samurai plus I have an interest into ancient armour and military history.|
The only materials used was cardboard (doubled layered and flattened), 80 odd metres of thin cord and acrylic paints. The design was simplified by the fact it used segmented plates which I could use out of smaller cardboard pieces instead of trying to flex a larger and singular cardboard pieces.
The more challenging aspects was the time consuming process of stringing the plates together - I had studied images and inspected museum specimens on the traditional methods and it took a long time to thread the armour together!
I managed to complete it over the summer holidays and wore it to the MCM London Expo in 2011. I didn't join in any of the parades or showcases although with possible future modifications I might try for a parade.