|Time Taken :||3 months but that includes making several mock ups, and waiting on fabrics to arrive.|
|I'm making a certain Bella costume for myself even though I dress as Edward Cullen and a friend of mine who cosplays Bella will be wearing it at Eternal Twilight 7. Mock up is made and the costume is in full swing. Currently got 10 full days till the convention to finish it but hopefully will get done. The convention is 17th - 19th Feb and hopefully pictures will be posted after then along with more information|
Update: So this dress took a lot of time but thankfully not as much money as the original and I luckily got it finish in time. Well at 4am on the Friday morning of the con meaning I only got about 4 hours sleep before I had to be up to drive to Birmingham. The dress was received really well and I ended up leaving with three commission requests and a stupidly big ego. Even the one person who decided to say it was s**t and that I hadn't even get the lace right didn't bring me down.
I choose to make this not because I'm a huge fan of Twilight, cause even though I am and cosplay Edward I didn't think I'd ever make a Bella costume that was for myself (even though my friend borrowed it at the con). I made it because I thought the dress was absolutely stunning. The inset of the lace in the back and sleeves was beautiful as well as the 152 buttons I ended up putting in the back.
The hardest part definitely had to be the back lace and the buttons. The lace due to the fact I'd never worked with lace before and the back piece consisted of one huge piece and two tiny pieces on either side. The buttons were only hard as there were so many of them (152 in the back and 14 on each sleeve).
Sadly I can't fit as many pictures as I would like on here for the dress or as much information but I did start a blog at the beginning of my project which can be found here http://lovedeathbirth.wordpress.com/ if you want to see the process of making it.
I learnt so much from this dress including how to inset lace, how to sew buttons on, making my own patterns as the only original pieces were the centre back and sleeves, as well as learning how to use an overlocker which I had never used before this.