|Time Taken :||6+ Hours|
|She's so lovely, and so much pink! This is a costume that will be so much fun to wear, ahhh!|
For Sunday at Kitacon, will make myself with any luck. Might be tough getting a looooong pink wig long enough, but we'll see what we can do. I'll likely compromise on length so I can keep it neat and tidy throughout the day. The only thing I'm worried about is doing puff sleeves, I'm not very good st sleeves...
With Captain_Marvelous as Finn, Osaka19 as Fionna, and Fishyfins as Prince Gumball
|Collar & Cuffs||Low||Complete|
|5.3m Pink Fabric (Dress)||£13.25||Bought|
|Long Pink Wig||£19.09||Bought|
|1m Purple Fabric (Collar & Cuffs)||£2.50||Bought|
|2.3m Lining (Skirt)||£4.02||Bought|
Post-Kitacon (Posted 24th April 2012)
Kitacon with Peebles was So. Amazing!!
Dress Gogogo!! (Posted 9th April 2012)
So yesterday I dedicated about 4-5 hours to this costume and it really paid off. The dress is now about 80% complete! I used my old bodice block from my fashion course at college, and worked from that. I did hit a problem though, in that my bust is so much bigger than my waist, my waistband was always baggy, as was the area around my collar. To counter this, an extra set of darts was added at my shoulder. These will be covered by the wig so it isn't too big a problem that they're a bit unsightly. (I would have swung them into the armhole but last time I tried that, my arms were to tight so I didn't want to take the risk.) I also made the waist darts longer, so that the waist of the dress tapers more nicely, and covered these with her purple waistband. (The attached picture is my bodice front after modifying the darts, but the lighting in my house is so bad, it looks way brighter than it really is!)
Next I added a zip, which was a bit daunting for me because I don't have a zipper foot to guide my sewing, and was worried I'd accidentally run into the zip and break my needle- but I didn't! Everything turned out really neatly and I even managed to topstitch it all for neatness. After that, I pinned the skirt (which was also hemmed and fully lined earlier in the day) added a few pleats to gather it, and stitched it all into one piece! That bit was easy since I'm getting pretty okay with skirts now.
What's left to do is still a bit worrying, since it's sleeves which are the bane of my cosplaying life! I need to make a pair of puffy sleeves and also add the little purple hems. I also need to interface and attach the collar, which because it's a "peter pan" style collar, I'm going to see whether it looks okay without a stand, so it lays as flat as possible. After that, I just need to paper mache my crown, and it's all done! Very pleased :)
Ohgodddd (Posted 4th April 2012)
I know it looks like I'm not doing anything with this costume but I promise I ammmm!