|Time Taken :||2 days?|
|I used a simple alice dress pattern to create it, but used a plain dark purple material as my base, I noted that the actual little sister's have stipes along their material, but I found that in the time I had I really couldn't afford to shop around, so I went around that by stitching on some fine darker stripes onto the front, which seemed to do the trick.|
The apron pattern was the most trouble, but not by much, it was a little give and take, but because of the messy nature of the dress I felt very strange being able to have quite a bit of lee-way with it's construction.
The edges of the dress and cuffs are actually burnt, I spent a few hours in the back garden with my lighter and a cold cloth heating the edges and getting them crisp, and using a very watered down black paint I went over it in an upward direction to give that soaked in and grimey sort of appearance.
The apron grime was a mix of everything, paint, tea, food colouring.