|Cost :||£100 at a guess|
|Awards :||1st Place Winning "Group" for the SFX Competition 2012|
|Time Taken :||3 weeks roughly|
|DEMON LORD yes yes yes.|
I love demons!
This is going to be DIFFICULT, I can tell!
BUT SO MUCH FUN :)
LOZ-SS = <3
(HOPEFULLY) doing this for Hyper Japan, Feb 2012 [SUNDAY]! Cannot wait.
*Post-HJ-Edit*: This was so much fun to wear and I was so glad that people liked it! I was so nervous when I was putting it all on (which took 1 whole hour! Lol!)
The only problem was that the wig was a massive annoying failure and kept covering the whole of my face, even when I tried to style it to a nice pointed tip, it just would no co-operate. (RAGE!)
& thanks to GlueyCarpet for helping make me the sword base :)
ANDDD also, I have a tip for people: NEVER WORK IN FRONT OF A MIRROR WHEN YOU ARE DOING A COSPLAY! I ended up cutting the fringe into the wrong side of the wig, and didn't have time to buy a new one; so just think of me as a 'mirror-image' Ghirahim :')
re-wearing to MCM MAY with a group, on THE SATURDAY :) - *edit* the group was SO SO much fun, met some lovely new people and I got to do Ghirahim again PROPERLY this time, with the correct fringe and better face/body paint :) Had a lovely time and really enjoyed wearing him again!
|Get & adapt a white morphsuit||Medium||In Progress|
|Make the cape||Medium||In Progress|
|Yellow fabric paints||£5.50||Bought|
|Black contact lenses||£16.00||Bought|
....... (Posted 21st February 2012)
The amount of diamonds I have cut out for this costume? I've lost fucking count.
Fabric update (Posted 16th January 2012)
OK well... one of the trickiest things for this cosplay was deciding how to do all of the "skin-coloured" diamonds which run on the legs, gloves, stomach etc. - I didn't want to cut them out of the material, as they would not come out as diamond shapes (I tested on a cut-off from my morphsuit, they would just re-shape into weird circle shapes), and fabric paint seemed like an option but sometimes it doesn't come out the way you want (I would have probably had to mix paints to get the right colour, and there would likely be some type of inconsistency in the mixes I would do, knowing my luck), anyway today I happened to be in perfect luck to find some awesome fabric in *pretty much* the right colour! There seems to be alot of inconsistencies in the colour of his skin (ranging from really pale, to quite a dark, merky green) - so the fabric I've got will do!! After having cut some diamonds out and tested it on a glove, i am content with it :)
Progress Report: (Posted 9th January 2012)
Cape is going well, and is well on the way to being finished, bought lots of yellow fabric paint today, so I can get started on the yellow diamonds. Also, received my white morphsuit today and purchased some blackout contact lenses for the dark, sexy eyes :D
THE CAPEEEEE (Posted 6th January 2012)
The cape has been cut out.. I love it. I have also made a cape-hood. Basically made from chicken-wire, which was shaped into the right(ish) shape, covered with loads of duct tape to make it all secure, then covered with red fabric. Progress is going pretty well, next step is to paint on the yellow diamonds!
ordered... (Posted 26th December 2011)