|Posibly for Kitacon. To go with Furiephoenix's amazing Roxas. |
It's simple and relatively cheap and can therefore be done alongside Gohan and the renovations for Ashelin.
Shoes! (Posted 3rd January 2012)
I bought a pair of beige sandals on ebay that I decided were close enough to the right shape to be workable. I then sanded them down beore painting with acrylics. I debated for a good while between whether to hav elight blue or white shoes but in the end I went with teh general consensus that they are indeed light blue.
The flowers are orange and yellow craft foam attached with fabric glue. The flowers should really be the same width as the toe strap but with these particular shoes that would just look ridiculous (think ginormous shoe devouring flowers). I may trim the strap at a later date but I currently like the base shoes too much to deface them further.
Stage 1: complete (Posted 23rd December 2011)
Today I started the dress. It's made from white lycra. I chose lycra as the stretch would reduce the number of seams needed in the dress and it is available in stark white. It also doesn't fray which makes the scalloping much easier.
I used an exsting dress to mock up a pattern. I started off with a 2 panel dress but then added an extra seam down the back and a couple of darts in front to give it a bit more shape. I wanted to keep the front as a single panel as Namine's dress looks so, well, seamless. I actually hemmed the neckline and the armholes with a ig-zag stitch rather than using bias tape or overfacing. I didn't feel either of the other two techniques would work well for lycra.
All that's left for the dress is the scalloped bottom hem but that will have to wait until i get some new scissors. I don't want to mess it up by hacking at the fabric with the scissors I'm currently using.