|The purple on the exterior of the costume is your typical morph suit, as is the blue underneath. We figured the single layer might be a bit too cold since they're quite airy! We cut the gloves and feet off of the purple suit and simply rolled them up to make the "body". The "head" of the blue morph suit has been folded into the inside of the suit to give me a bit more vision.|
The glasses were a quick find on Ebay for barely £5. I put the suit on and we carefully cut wholes into the side of the outfits "head" for the frames to slot into so that they could rest on my ear. Whilst wearing the costume, I was tasked with cutting miniature holes into the face of the costume so that my vision wouldn't be obstructed by both a layer of morph suit and the glasses.
The antennae is just a headband bought from the local costume shop. I didn't cleverly stick them onto an existing headband or anything. I put it on, then we quickly snipped a tiny hole for them to fit through the top of the head.
The wings were the fun part. We took a trip to Dunelm Mill in Nuneaton and bought ourselves two sheets of foam. My girlfriend being far steadier with a pencil than I, drew the pattern of the wings from a reference image. Once that was done, I cut them out and then we both sat and outlined the pattern before colouring it in with a permanent marker.
I'll be sure to acquire a yellow scarf in the near future!