|Cost :||About £100|
|Time Taken :||A few months|
|This was the first time I attempted to make a costume that required more than one part to it, and was by far the most challenging costume I had made at that point. Being fourteen and ery inexperienced when I started, it took a while to really get anywhere. I couldn't find the right patterns, the material I wasusing didn;t fall right and I hadn't even heard of lining at that point.|
Eventually I found some patterns I could modify and started work. The jacket itself wasn't too difficult, but was certainly time consuming. The collar took a bit of work and I'm still not happy with it, but there's not much I can do about that now. I simply bought the pins for the collar off ebay because I have no experience at all when it comes to metalwork.
To make the little metal clasp on the front, I simply took little bits off keyrings and pieced them together, and put nail varnish on the edge of the braiding so that it wouldn't fray.
This was also my first time making trousers, which I seem to do a lot of now, so that was a valuable thing to learn.
Whilst if I remade this costume, I think I could definitely improve it, I'm still rather pleased with it.