|Awards :||My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding Award Minamicon 18, 2nd place at LFCC July '12|
|Bexi wanted to do Erika and the film's not half bad so I said I'd do Anneleise.|
Not quite as expensive as my red Alice dress but there was definitely some deja vu. Same corset base pattern for a start though I'd say this had a lot more bodice work. I was really worried that the criss cross on top of the floral pattern, plus the rick rack and central panel, that the bodice would end up looking overworked but I think it's balanced out well.
Whereas with Alice it was the trims and details that racked up the costs I think the fabric for Anneleise has cost too, especially the pink, £7 a metre! Keep in mind this was tappestry brocade and only 29.5" wide. I didn't notice the width when I bought and thought 2m would be more than sufficient, it was just enough. And when I saw just, I mean I had to fold the fabric three different ways to get all the pieces in the right orientation.
The criss crossing with the white ribbon (just under 20m in total) was tedious and difficult to convince around the curves but I think it's worked reasonably well. The embroidery on the central panel came that way and is layered over duchess satin. I have another project I'm going to use this same embroidered organza for (yet more corsets, huzzah).
The ric rac effect was made using straight ribbon that was convinced into curving as I couldn't find anything with the right width and depth of curve. The gold diamonte was glued to the edge of the organza ruffle trims and box pleated. Zip was hand stitched into place, as was the bias on one side.
The skirt is three circle skirts for which I became the world's largest protractor. With a radius of 3 metres! These skirts are massive. But they had to be to fit over the cupcake hoop skirt of doom. Think I may have gone a bit overboard for the 6 hoops >>;; A sparkling net to match Erika over a gold grid organza over blush pink taffeta for the skirt. Serge stitch hemmed because there was no way I was hemming that much skirt...noooo way.
Choker was made of bits and pieces left over, some chain from Bexi and some adorable wire hearts I found on ebay.
For the wig I really can't tell what's meant to be going on at the back of her hair, only that some of her hair is up so I got a flower to hold the hair in place and fit with the theme of the dress.
I feel like it needs something at the back because the front is so gorgeous but there isn't anything.
Will be wearing this at October Expo where I shall have a cloak made by Bexi (apparently they have to match and I'm not allowed to touch so yeah, cloak will be all her work).
I did see a gorgeous pair of baby pink with gold highlight shoes on ebay but I lost them so I'll wear my nude heals with this costume until such a time as I get better ones.