FAQ (Posted 29th September 2008)
1. What do you make your katanas out of?
I carve them out of pinewood.
2. How do you wrap the handle of the swords?
I prefer to use cord as opposed to ribbons because cord doesn't stretch when pulled tight. As for the actual wrap, well it's simple but sort of complicated to explain, sorry! There are lots of twisting involved.
3. Can I commission you for a prop?
Yes you may send me an e-mail/private message/comment asking what you'd like done and I'll usually get back to you within a day.
4. But these look like they cost loads of money!
Actually, I usually charge £25-40 for a katana depending on the complexity, so not too pricy :)
5. Where did you learn how to make props?
I taught myself how to make props and using tools for the right use. If there's a prop that looks a bit tricky, I think and make plans step by step to achieve the final product. Then I make it ;D
6. How long does it take you make an average length katana?
About 4-5 hours excluding the time it takes for the spray paint to dry.
If you have any more questions, fire them at me and I'll stick the answers here ;D