Amy-Lou
 


Costume :Vice
Source :King Of Fighters 2002
Progress :In Progress
Worn At :London MCM Expo October 2011


Costume Photos

Vice

Bullying Dez

Vice Ref

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £30

Description
Vice reminds me of Halle Berry in Swordfish, and alas I look nothing like her, but I do love that red and black outfit and I'm especially a sucker for swishy skirts.
The lack of props is also a bonus at Expo, but I'll have to learn some good poses to make up for it :)

Hope to get some photos with Odangochan's Mature at some point too :)

Comments

Avatar Image

oooh when did you decide upon this?

by Ninodog on Tuesday, 27 September, 2011 - 21:27
Avatar Image

Just yesterday! Still working on Mai, but so busy that for quick and simple this dress and waistcoat is my best bet to finish for Oct Expo. Not to mention she's very cool and I love red + black!

by Amy-Lou on Wednesday, 28 September, 2011 - 09:16
Avatar Image

Fighters Generation will furnish you with her sprites and therefore posing ideas! I'm looking forward to seeing you with short hair :3

by Mighty Odango on Wednesday, 28 September, 2011 - 16:02
Avatar Image

I love this. Really love the waistcoat.

by Sephirayne on Monday, 14 November, 2011 - 23:19
Avatar Image

I'm impressed you managed to fit all your hair under that wig! Looks so natural! Looove the shape of the waistcoat, it's so neat!

by CrystalNeko on Monday, 14 November, 2011 - 23:34
Avatar Image

Thank you!

@CrystalNeko That's the magic of Heidi plaits :)

by Amy-Lou on Wednesday, 16 November, 2011 - 12:11
 

To-Do List

Shopping List

Total£0.00

Journal

Finishing Touches (Posted 10th September 2012)

Finally finishing off Vice for a second outing :D

For tweaks I've made the back of the waistcoat pointier and put a larger elastic loop on one of the sleeves as these were problems last time I wore it.
To finish I used bondaweb to stick the front facings down and the red blocks onto the skirt, simples!

Would like to find better boots and have another go at styling the wig by Expo.

Huh? The next bout is the final already? Oh well... (Posted 27th October 2011)

Waistcoat is finished! It was a pain to press out the seams as this fabric can only take a lower heat from the iron, but it's fairly flat. I used black cotton for the back lining panels where I'd run out of red and it looks fine. Annoyingly the neckline is much lower than the pattern pictures lead me to belive (this is why I usually make mockups of new patterns), which has shifted the diamond cut-out and the bottom hem further down too. I've only got a few days left and it's only a fun costume so I won't lose sleep over it :)

The dress now has sleeves and I've sewn the red elastic wrist loops into the seam so I can't forget them on the day. I used prym pearl effect poppers for the dress buttons and coloured them with red glass paint. On the waistcoat I've used open-back poppers so I can sew the black buttons over the top. I love rivet tool poppers so much <3

Gave the wig another touch up with permanent markers just to make sure I hadn't missed anywhere, but it's so much harder to see the colour difference under bulb lights rather than daylight (booo, dark winter evenings).

If you can't stand the pain of losing, I can finish the job... (Posted 24th October 2011)

So Expo is this weekend, but I have tomorrow off work and every evening to get it done.

I now have the base dress with no sleeves or fastenings. Odangochan's pattern was a great help to work from and I combined it with the vertical darts from my old blouse and added more of a flare to the skirt by making it a half circle (I like the idea of it being able to fan out).

My machine had a lot of trouble with this stretch fabric when usually it copes with anything. After some internet digging I had to get some fine ball-point needles, some synthetic thread, whip the tension right down and use small stitches before it would behave. At least now I have a range of needles for future use.

Waistcoat is underway; by the power of umeshu and MLP for background noise I used NewLook 6914 and my left over Dahna fabric which just ran out before the back lining panels, but that's a hidden bit that can be any fabric and doesn't even have to be red.

Must not forget the black buttons!

Hunting you down was a blast, but, whew! I'm beat! (Posted 3rd October 2011)

Jersey aquired! Went with a micro jersey in the end, it's got a much tighter knit and drapes really well. It's also fairly crease-proof which is essential when I'm stuffing it in a bag for Expo.

I've sketched up the sort of pattern I'm going to use for the dress based on a blouse I own that fits nicely. Odangochan has also offered to lend me the pattern she altered for Mature, so I think I'll end up with a combination of the two.

Done the bulk of wig colouring with permanent markers, I think I've got most of it and with the base being a similar colour it blends in well at the roots. There's something therapeutic about brushing a wig with pens, or that could be the solvents, who knows.

Round 1...Fight! (Posted 28th September 2011)

I'm tag teaming Vice in instead of Mai for October Expo, so first stop was the cupboard of squirreling. Found a few types of red fabric I could use for the waistcoat, but most importantly a wig for Vice!

Originally bought for Xianghua (but turned out to be a bit short), it's a good style for Vice if I trim the fringe up. The colour is too light, so my plan is to grab a couple of permanent markers in a darker brown/red and colour in low-lights to bring the overall colour down. As it's only a short wig and a similar colour already I don't think it warrants the full on dying treatment.

Picking up some black cotton jersey at the weekend or maybe viscose jersey.