CosplayChris-San
 


Costume :Red Pikmin
Variant :Flower-bud version
Source :Pikmin
Progress :Complete
Worn At :London MCM Expo October 2012


Costume Photos

Headpiece 2

Red and Blue Pikmin

MCM Expo

Red & Blue

Pikmin

Headpiece with flower

Completed!

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : Around £40
Time Taken : 4-6 Weeks

Description
Can't believe I'm actually making a Pikmin! :) Well was my mum's idea as she plays the game non stop! :)
I shall be wearing this along with my Brother who will be a Blue Pikmin to London MCM Expo Oct 11!

UPDATE

I've decided to remake the whole head piece. Making the bud version of the flower instead as my brother will be using the flower as the blue pikmin and my friend emma will be the leaf version as the yellow pikmin.
For MCM Expo OCT 2012 Saturday

Comments

Avatar Image

such a novel idea for making pikmin. I'll be looking out for this at expo :D

by gaming_goddess on Thursday, 20 October, 2011 - 19:25
Avatar Image

Thanks :)

by CosplayChris-San on Thursday, 20 October, 2011 - 19:33
Avatar Image

This is soooooo cute XDDD!

by Toto_Yue on Thursday, 20 October, 2011 - 19:59
Avatar Image

omg lol!!! i love this you look amazing!!!

by kaasutii on Thursday, 20 October, 2011 - 20:12
Avatar Image

Thanks everyone! :)

by CosplayChris-San on Friday, 21 October, 2011 - 04:32
Avatar Image

Haha, awesome! I've never seen anyone cosplay as Pikmin before. Great idea!

by Kata-san on Monday, 2 January, 2012 - 17:21
 

To-Do List

EyesHighComplete
NoseHighComplete
Stem & FlowerHighComplete
Red bodysuitHighComplete

Shopping List

Red bodysuit£31.75Bought
White Felt£2.99Bought
Red Felt£0.99Bought
Yellow Felt£0.99Bought
Green Felt£0.99Bought
Black Felf£0.99Bought
Headband£1.99Bought
Total£40.69

Journal

Eyes (Posted 20th October 2011)

I made the eyes out of Black and White felt, used a cup as the outline for the circle, cut it out then added a smaller circle in black to the centre. Then stuck together using sticky glue spots.

Stem & Flower (Posted 19th October 2011)

I found a artificial flower at Wilkinson's, as well as a headband with devil horns which i removed, I then sewed the flower with stem to the headband which can be worn underneath the suit. As the stem was green not red, I used some red fabric to cover the stem. I then used a piece of green fabric for the top of the stem. I then use some yellow fabric for the middle of the flower.

Beginning (Posted 30th September 2011)

So I bought the red bodysuit/morpsuit from a UK seller so shouldn't take too long to arrive, I'm going to need to wear something underneath to make the nose straighter and longer than my own, so need to think of a way of doing that. The bodysuit is XL as I'm quite tall so will need to make sure it fits. Once I've made the stem and leaf I can then attach it to the head somehow, so at the moment it working progess, I only have a month until Expo! :)