|Time Taken :||4 weeks|
|I 've been wanting to attempt this character for a long time, but I was skeptical due to the amount of gold Ishizu wears >.> However She has to be one of my fav charcters (next to Marik, Yami Yugi) in yugioh. Makes me feel all nostaglic!|
Costume was complete and is still wearable again, maybe for Kita Con , However I still need find a way to stick the Green Gem on to my forehead without it falling off along with my upper gold armbands from sliding down.
Til next time
|gold band ( upper arms||High||Complete|
|gold band ( wrists)||High||Complete|
|gold band (ankles)||High||Complete|
|gold chain belt x2||Low||Planned|
Gold belt (Posted 16th October 2011)
I found this part to be quite a dilema as I was not sure how I could m ake a belt look believ and solid ....like gold and to make it worse, it was a three teird :(. Howeve I founds some ideas on Youtube by use Duct tape to make belts from scratch (though most versions the belts looked flimsy). So I went In to discount shop and bought three plain belts , roughly the same length and cut the buckle and studs out. Next I measured four strips of Duct Tape to the length of the belts and overlapped them. I aligned the three belts with 5mm gap in between each belt and layed my Duct tape sheet over them then contiued wrap the tape around till completely covered.
head dress + dress (Posted 9th October 2011)
Headress- was finshed under three days- mostly due to drying. My concern I found with the head piece was the clay crumbling away from frequent movement. However, I found a few tutorials on papeier mache and sealing foam sheets armour by using abndage material. So I cut the thin strips of bandage and diluted glue and started appling layers to thicken the surface andto creature texture. I used my hairdryer speed it up and applied five layers of pva glue to ensre that the clay would be secure . When the headress dried I used two layers of gold acrlyic paint and mixed black with some of the painting to create a defination for the motif in the centre. Added the finishing touches by using diluted PVA as a varnish. Whilst waiting for the glue the dry, next day I made the beads for the bottom of the head dress out of Polymer clay. Orginally I was going to use air drying clay, but later found that it was bulky to stay upright on the head dress. Luckly in my local art shop they had gold polymer glay similar to my scheme:)
Dress- The dress was slightly more simple than making jewellery as the shape I chosen was Grecian- styled dress. Although the reference picture shows that the dress is more wrapped around than straight, I felt it the style I chose was more flattering for my proportions. I bought 5m of Jersey cotton and tripled my measurements to achieve a more 'floaty' effect. I split the material into panels so that the top half the dress was more fitted towards the chest than the bottom half.
Gold bands (Posted 14th September 2011)
THis part I have struggled with becauase to make gold look realistic and curve round the arm, with out gaps feels impossible. However I wandered into to my local art shop and found out that they sell paper-thin sheets brass metal used for embossing that is cuttable and can bend easily on a roll. ^^ I measured my arm (both the upper and the wrist) and cut them out and put the pieces on a foam backing for comfort. Issues still remain that the upper band tends to slide off regardless of the velcro fastening thats been applied. *le sigh*
making the headress and millenium necklace (Posted 10th September 2011)
- I didn't know what to make the jewellery out of since it had to be durable and strong enough to last for all day. So I bought air drying clay and got to work on them in the evening. To support it I used card board as a based and cut roughly to hsape of the pieces. Since the head dress was quite detailed; I had to work parts of design in sections and smooth parts of over to remove any trapped air with in the clay. Next day, it had completely dried left some cracks and wobbled slightly :S