|Cost :||Under £20|
|For the Cosplay Scotland Annual Pokemon Meet August 2012.|
|Buy materials for cloak||High||Complete|
|Fimo air light clay||£6.00||Bought|
Finished (Posted 15th August 2012)
Made the final orb which is currently airdrying and still need to sand and paint it. Finally made the hood and sewn on the wings and horn. I've also sewn the 2 smaller orbs on more securely on the cloak (One of them fell off) so they won't fall during the meet hopefully. Overall, this is pretty much finished. Will have better shots of the complete cosplay by this weekend and hopefully even better shots after the Pokemon meet!
Update (Posted 8th August 2012)
Used the pinking shears of the cloak and have sewn on the orbs to the corners of it. Also made the wings which are made of out felt and craftfoam. Hoping to improve on those another time but they will do for the meet.
So far (Posted 7th August 2012)
The horns and two of the orbs have been made, sanded and painted. Once they have dried they'll be sewn onto the cloak after I have used the pinking shears on it. I figured it will give it a scaly look to it. I need to get more material for the hood as I have bought the wrong colour recently >< but it won't take long to make. Currently working on the wings so shouldn't take much longer to get this finished!
Start on cloak (Posted 2nd July 2012)
<<< How it looks with dress underneath
Bought the fabric yesterday and made a start today. I didn't end up buying Duchess satin as I couldn't find the right colour, so I decided to use 100% cotton instead. I drafted my own pattern for the cloak and it came out well. The cloak is so swishy! I thought I would have enough fabric for the hood, turns out I'll have to go buy more when I can. Debating whether to sew up the sides to tidy them up and keep it smooth or just use pinking shears and have a slight jag to them?
So... (Posted 3rd June 2012)
Since I still haven't had a chance to get a new sewing machine, I'll have to sew this by hand. Guess it means more practise and once I get a new sewing machine, I can go over it.
So I'm definately going for the cloak idea, so I'll be using my own pattern again. For the materials I'm planning to use a Royal blue duchess satin for the cloak so it gives a slight shine to it. Also I'm thinking of using white fleece for the wings on the head and use fimo air light clay to make the horn.
I've been debating about how to go about doing the balls on the neck and the tail (corners of the cloak in my case) I've looked at wooden balls and they appear to heavy, so thats out. I have one option so far and that is make the balls out of fimo air light light, make a small hole for the fabric to go through, sand them down, paint them then sew them onto the cloak. Advantage is the clay will be light, but still thinking about this.
I'm keeping the white dress simple as I want to pay more attention to the cloak. Also got Royal blue tights for underneath.
All planned out (Posted 6th January 2012)
I've decided I'm going to use my "Just be Friends" dress as a base to wear underneath the cloak. I won't do an awful lot to it apart from making a belt. I'll be focusing more on the cloak detail so it will look recognisable. I'll be starting the cloak sometime after Kitacon.