|Time Taken :||20 hours|
|I always seem to like uniform designs, even ones without loads of bias binding trim! I used a polyester twill which was ideal for a uniform, and took pleats well. I'm pleased with how the skirt came out, even if it is shorter than I would like. It was the first knife-pleated skirt I made, and I’m especially happy with the neat waistband. I made the glove from scratch, which is not something I would like to repeat. At least there’s only one glove.. It was red felt, so at least I didn’t have to hem the fingers because felt doesn’t fray. The image is a t-shirt transfer, so just ironed on. |
The shirt was simple since I already had a suitable one (even was already short-sleeved), so I only had to add a pocket. I made the bow from the same felt as the glove, again easy with no need to line/hem it. It’s on elastic with goes around my neck, and has a gold button sewn on.
The jacket was by far the most difficult part of the costume. I had trouble fitting it, and it was my first time attempting lining too. It does have functioning pockets though, and I chose red lining to continue the colour scheme. Not that you ever see the lining...
Having it zip closed wasn't as hard as I expected since the pattern I followed was for a jacket with frog closures, but I think things went a bit off when I started altering the seams in the pattern for accuracy.
Besides the jacket, the most difficult part was finding knee-high black socks. I didn’t expect to have so much trouble with that! Ashe eventually saved me with a pair from Asda, which I can stretch enough to pretend they're knee length.
The wig is from Karen’s Wigs on ebay, and was simple to style that one piece at the front. It’s really annoying to wear though, with hair permanently in my face! I wore this costume a few times, but decided I wasn't likely to wear it again. Ashe currently has it because I maintain she has the perfect Orihime wig. I've since cut my Rukia wig shorter to use for Dagger, so definitely no more Rukia.