I love love love this movie! It's one of my ultimate nostaligia faves! :D I wanna cosplay quite a few versions of her ^^ I love the songs and WILL be singing them when I cosplay this xD I want a Derek though @.@ He's so fruity xD
- I watched this last night and am calling it her "Lake Dress" as she has two white dresses. They're both very similar but this one has sectioned sleeves and the blue waist/stripe bit. And this is the one she wears after she's cursed and lives on the lake. I wanna do both! And when she's cursed her eyes go purple, they don't stay blue O_o...and maybe I wanna do the wedding dress @.@..I love this movie.
"You should write a book...how to offend women in 5 syllables or less" <333 xD
- I'm moving this into progress as I'll be wearing this at October Expo on the Sunday with Phee's Odile :D Hopefully our wigs will arrive soon! I just have to figure out the best way to make it @_@
- Not being worn for October Expo as I'd only be wearing it for a few hours so I want to wear it to an event where I can wear it a lot. Also I want to make it myself so will wait til I have a sewing machine and tailors dummy.
- Just watched Swan Princess again! Going to try and make this for Kitacon Ball! This way I can get some shots near the lake at night! :D The wig seller on eBay turned out to be a con =/ or at least a seller who decides to not give you your items ¬_¬ so will be buy another wig ^^ But since my last update I have a sewing machine and Tailors dummy now so I intend to do my best to make this if I can :D Going to move into progress so I know to focus on it!
- Will also be wearing this on the Saturday of MCM Expo May :D
- All completed! I've edited the necklace but I dont know if I'll use it coz it looks a bit naff xD My sister is also lending me her white dolly shoes so it's all set :D
- Wore this for MCM Expo May 2012 on the Saturday :D I was so hot in it though that I didn't get any pictures =[ there may be a few plotted around though xD but by the time it was cool enough for pictures I was very tired. So I will force fatnoona to visit me and take photos around my lake xD
|Sew dress together||High||Complete|
|Apply pattern to material||High||Complete|
|Sew bodice together||High||Complete|
|Cut out pattern||Medium||Complete|
|Make belt thing||Medium||Complete|
|Add Teal details to bodice||Medium||Complete|
|White Viscose x 4mtrs||£18.60||Bought|
Dress :D (without belt) (Posted 6th April 2012)
I forgot to put the belt on when I tried it on B: but I love it :DD It's good size and floats behind me :D as you can see its a tad see-through so I'll wear a vest underneath :D but I adore this!! Now just need to edit the necklace and she's done! <3 (excuse my neice in the corner xD after she saw me in it she followed me around and wouldnt leave me alone :P)
Phee works her magic again!! :D (Posted 3rd April 2012)
Phee has completed the dress! :D She's gonna add the gold bit onto the belt and yay! I love it and can't wait to try it on! :D The sleeves will puff up more when I wear it obvs :B Now I just need shoes and to edit the necklace and she's done!! Yay!!
Phee (Posted 31st March 2012)
I've currently left everything in the capable hands of Phee xD I suck at making stuff and until I get better this dress is really way too advanced for me. Phee came round to start working on the sleeves today and has taken it home so she can work her magic ;3; I love her~
Dress Ref (Posted 17th March 2012)
It's getting there! Phee came round and cut out the pattern for me since I was getting confused. She then applied that to the material and we tacked it (her more than me xD). I've now blitz it through my sewing machine. My stitching isnt 100% but I'm having Phee come and help :D once thats sorted I just need to make the sleeves and belt and hem it all and she's done!
Materials (Posted 20th February 2012)
I know you cant really see it very well. But this is a teal and a dark teal cotton for the sleeves and a white viscose for the dress itself :D
Wig and Make up! (Posted 4th February 2012)
Ah! :D I got my wig a week or so ago and I can't thank Nomes enough! It's the perfect colour, length and style I wanted! I might find a way to straighten it the smallest bit but apart from that it's perfect! For the make up I've just done a very simple top eyeliner with a flick. Mascara, a bit of blush and then some lipstick. The one I'm wearing isn't the lipstick I want to wear for the real thing. The one I want to wear is a plum shade but I couldnt find it >< as always my eyebrows will be thinner too >XD So yeah :D I'm happy.
Necklace to Edit (Posted 28th January 2012)
I saw this necklace and thought "Somewhat perfect!" I dont think it's a locket. But I'm going make a swan shape and stick it on the necklace. Then I'm going to use gold spray paint to paint the heart a darker gold leaving a swan imprint in the light gold behind. :D I hope it works!
3rd Time lucky? (Posted 13th January 2012)
This amazing beauty was found by Nomes! :D I'm hoping this one will be the perfect one! I'm terrified it'll turn up darker than the picture and once again I'll have to buy another wig @_@ but if all goes well this seems the perfect style and length! Just a bit of a faff with the fringe and it should be okay. As said the other wig isnt a huge waste as I can use it for one of my other costumes ;) I just have to straighten it (and it's heat resistant yay!) So sorry for all the journals about wigs but if this goes well this shall be the last one xD
Curse of the Wig! (Posted 11th January 2012)
I swear this is getting ridiclous D: My first wig never showed up and now this wig turns up and it's brown with blonde. I've emailed the seller so I'll let you see how this turns out. I've got plans for this wig if they don't want me to send it back. So hopefully things will be okay in the end. And if they dont sort this out well third time lucky =/
Favourite wig? (Posted 10th December 2011)
Okay so the first wig I bought for Odette the seller was a scammer and so I didn't get the wig and eBay wouldn't help me get my money back ¬_¬ so I'm looking into buying another (obvs). I can't decide which one to get. My favourite is number 2 but I think it might end up too dark. And I'm scared 1 and 3 will be too light! grrr! It's really hard finding her shade :(