Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|Time Taken :||50 hours|
|Hmm, I'd personally never think I'd be doing a bleach character! This is a nice simple costume for me to try out my makeup and prop skills some more!|
I was asked to be a part of the arrancar group on the sunday of expo. Darrens group to be exact for the Sunday of October expo!
The base of the helmet was made out of a hollow polystyrene sphere, I basically hacked it up and carved the shape out, adding more pieces on with hotglue. I made the horn out of 3mm craft foam and secured it with hotglue and used plastic boning to support it. The bottom pieces where made out of a thick thermo styrene stuff, supported with more plastic boning. Additional raised details where added with pieces of foam. The whole helmet is going to be covered in a lightweight modelling dough/clay which is so weird that I cannot describe it.
I have not idea how it is gonna fit on my head, but it should not be too much of a problem since its really light!
The hakama where bought, and Altered. I moved the back plate to he front and shortened all the straps and added velcro for fastening. I also had to take the hem up since they where too long.
I used a military costume tailcoat pattern for the jacket. Took a while to get the Mock sorted out (and the collar for some reason) but the making of the coat wasn't particularuly difficult.
I bought a wooden bokken with scabbard and commisioned my uncle's freind to make the hilt for me to a deisgn that I gave him. I believe he ended up making it out of resin in the end! I glued the hilt on, spray painted the sword silver and the scabbard blue. I added the hilt designs using blue wool.
The makeup white base is kabuki/geisha makeup which I imported from japan, It comes in three parts! The rest is all liquid eyeliner drawn on with my fav Mac brush!
The makeup takes 2 hours to put on, and 1 to take off! I need to invest in a sealor before I wear this costume again (AND USE LESS POWDER!) since I kept on leaching white everywhere!
|Finish jacket mock||Medium||Complete|
|Find & Alter shoes||Low||Planned|
Emo Boys Makeup! (Posted 17th September 2008)
Emo boys makeup is quite epic, as in it takes ages to put on, with practive this will hopefully get quicker!
Since I'm planning on doing a few white faced characters (and that I really really wanted it) I decided to invest in a set of Kabuki/geisha makeup.
To get the even white painted look you require 3 layers of three different products >_<. First you use kabuki abura, which is a really lovely waxy slimy stuff which you put on as a base. I guess it help the white to stick and prevent you from sweating and rubbing it off.
I experimented with lots of different eyeliner brush combinations. I found that liquid eyeliner with a really thin brush worked well for me. I also tried gel, gel/liquid and pencil with larger brushes and angled brushes.
This stuff is quite hard to get off.. It takes some impressive makeup remover then some baby oil and then a shower the next morning.... But atleast it shouldn't come off on my costume too much!
Emo Boys Helmet (Posted 14th September 2008)
So, First thing's first Ulquiorra is difficult to pronounce and Spell, so from now on he shall be referred to as EMO BOY.
After picking this costume I immediatly became stuck on what to make this bloody helmet out of. Armed with a set of reference pictures I was shown to the best modelling shop in London! (THANKS PHIL AND ANNETTE)
I picked up a hollow polystyrene sphere (comes in two halfs) Roughly the size of my head, a sheet of thermal shaping foam and a 1kg bag of "Air dough"
The polystyrene halfs where sliced up, heat warped and hotglued together to get the basic shape. I then used a craft foam to carve the details. The Horn was made from craft foam and is supported with plastic boning, which is glued into the base. The "fan" at the bottom was constructed out of the thermal foam and isalso supported by plastic boning. The raised details where added with strips of the thermal and craft foam. This gave a very solid base to cover.
The whole structure was then covered in the dough. "air dough" is a Air drying clay. It has the consistancy of squishy blue tack and works well in this example because I had a really solid structure to push and mould the dough against. It was softened and shaped using water and the whole thing was covered in four sittings.
I am a going to coat it in a couple of layers of PVA glue and then give it a coat of paint.
Oh and work out how to attach it to my head! Answers on a post card please!