|Time to celebrate this shows fantastic anime revival! Thundercats, HOOOOO!|
|Sword of Omens||High||In Progress|
|Armor - Torso||High||Planned|
|Armor - Shoulders||Medium||Planned|
|Armor - Grieves||Low||Planned|
|Armor - Belt||Low||Planned|
|Expanding Foam (830ml)||£5.00||Bought|
|Masking Tape (x4)||£1.00||Bought|
|Wallpaper Paste||£3.00||To Buy|
|Paper Mache (x3)||£9.00||To Buy|
|Glue Sticks (x3)||£3.00||To Buy|
|Sand Paper||£2.00||To Buy|
Sword Mayhem (Posted 4th August 2011)
So, since my last entry I have managed to carve all the expanding foam down into the shape I needed. However... it soon became apparent this was going to get harder and harder and eventually become a disaster. In the end while the blade was successfull-ish, I had to remove all the foam from the upper hlt and replace it with layers of card before wrapping the whole thing up in masking tape.
This, unfortunatly has led me to a slight problem. The join between the hilt and the blade it to weak and the blade keeps threatening to break off. So I've had to resort to improvisation time! I'm going to stick together a small batch of pencils and then insert them down the middle between the blade and the hilt. Acting as a sport of spine, this should get the blade to stay straight and not break off. This, in theorie, should become even more efective once papermached. We'll soon see!
Let it begin! (Posted 2nd August 2011)
So I started on my Lion-O cosplay today. Been debating for a while now what I should do for october and decided to put a full HD build of my Mjolnir armor on hold and work on it for May next year instead.
In the mean time, I just watched the premiere of the new Thundercats, and was blown away by how awesome it was. Suffice to say I was hooked and finally gave me the idea I wanted for october. To make things even better, theres a mounten of good reference material as well as the design sheets themselves for Lion-O and the Sword of Omens which really helps a lot!
So today I got started with the sword. Spent a few hours trying to gauge the dimentions of it then cut it out. Then spent some awkward time adding a cross section and then attaching a hilt to the cross section before smothering in expanding foam. In the end I managed to get there without any major disasters. So it's a good start so far! Should be fun when I get to the carving!