|Time Taken :||--|
|Oops, I should have put this in complete ages ago. Moving it there now!|
I strangely really like Asuka, she's annoying and a bitch but I have a soft spot for those kind of characters ahaha.
I have no idea when to wear this, it's just another cosplay I now own but have no date to wear it for.
Bought the costume from PirateToaster, no idea where it was from originally.
Hair clips bought from CrystallineKnight. Again, no idea of its origins.
Socks from eBay with stripes drawn on (\o/)
Shoes I already owned.
Wig I already owned.
Ribbon was just bought from the fabric shop.
I seriously put no effort into this cosplay :P
To be fair I am so bored of making school uniforms now, yet I love them ;;
|Make EVA clips||Medium||Complete|
Costume (Posted 14th March 2013)
The handmade costume needed interfacing and I really couldn't be assed and so this was put on hiatus for a very long time.
Then PirateToaster was selling her costume mega cheap and it was exactly my size so I just went for it! I'm such a lazy costumer hahaha. Need to buy red ribbon and some knee length socks and remake some clips (or buy them, I want this to be the laziest cosplay evet haha) then I am done!!
I can't wait to be Asuka :D
Excuse the messy room and dirty mirror.
Pinafore 85% (Posted 30th July 2011)
Added in the pleats, hemmed it and sewed on the little detailing at the front (has some interfacing inside to keep it sturdy).
Just have to buy some self-cover buttons and a zip and it's done!
I ran out of fabric for the back pleat but because it's so full I cheated and sewed the two back panels together and then at the top, I sewed it straight down to form like a right angle triangle (as I made it flare out). So it's like I've made my own make-shift triangle without any spare fabric - only problem is that there's a seam down the middle but it's the back anyway so it doesn't matter too much.
Time Taken: 1hr
Sewing it altogether (Posted 30th July 2011)
Arm thingies are all hemmed except for the join at the middle on the back - that's where the zip will go.
The waistband was a bit bigger than I intended. There's a seam at the front and back because I didn't have enough fabric for one long strip, the pinafores have a strip of fabric with buttons at the front anyway so that hides the front seam - the back seam is accurate. I used some scrap interfacing for the waistband because it's all polycotton and would look saggy if it wasn't stiffened in some way.
Really need to buy a zip at some point. Will do that when I go to Bristol next week as our fabric shop in Taunton sells zips for like... £2-3 for the length I need XD
The white top is just my Alto (Macross Frontier) top but I'm thinking of taking apart all the detailing and just using that. The skirt is already inaccurate, I no longer care about accuracy XDDD (And I frickin' hate collars!) We'll see how I feel closer to the time.
Time Taken: 2hrs
Patterning (Posted 30th July 2011)
Well this is new, I don't normally draft out patterns. But I wasn't actually sure how to make the arm thingies whilst being seamless at the top (otherwise I wouldn't have to draft a pattern) so I decided to make a newspaper pattern using two pages selotaped together and a marker pen to draw it out.
I worked out the skirt sort of mathematically, but I was being a dunce. I measured my waist and drafted it out in thirds. Did this without a reference picture and then when I had cut it all out I realised her skirt wasn't all equal thirds. I only had a metre (approx) of fabric as it's all scraps so I can't remake unfortunately.
The front panel is just a rectangle.
I haven't yet added in the pleats, I'll do that later.