|Time Taken :||2 days|
|I love Code Geass and really would love to do a costume from it at some point. |
I had Schneizel on my planned list for ages but his hair style has me a bit worried. I'm not great at styling wigs and I don't suit many short styles (curses of a string jaw line) so I decided to opt for an easier hair style to wig for. As I already have yellow/gold contacts for Nuada I thought I could use them for C.C.
I love design of this dress plus it gives me a change by making a big dress for a change instead of a bucket load of armour XD. It can also double as an evening dress to any Gothic/vampire ball I might do (done a couple in the past).
I have decided to go for my own interpretation of the design. As I do plan of having the costume as an option for other events (like Gothic events) I have decided to add more detail to it. It will be unusual for me as I do try and be as accurate as possible. For this I wanted to try something different.
|Dore Corset||Medium||In Progress|
|Black Velvet fabric||£0.00||Bought|
|Materials for hoop skirt||£0.00||To Buy|
|Corset supplies (might have some in stock)||£0.00||To Buy|
Wig gets and skirt completed. (Posted 28th February 2014)
Managed to get a wig perfect for C.C through a friend who was having a sale. Just needs some minor styling and then its ready for a test shoot.
Skirt is now pretty much complete. The only thing left is the hem which I'm holding off doing until I get the hoop skirt.
Corset Mock Up (Posted 24th September 2012)
I decide to go for a full steel boned Dore Corset for this. Found a method on-line that interested me. It isn't the method that comes with most corset patterns but it does allow better stability between the inner and outer halves of the corset. It also strengthens the boning channels. Hopefully it will work.
Skirt progress (Posted 13th June 2012)
Have finished sewing all the panels together for the skirt. I did go with a textured center panel in the front but decided it didn't work for what I wanted so I'm taking it out and putting in a panel of the same material as the rest of the skirt.
Once that is done then its onto the waistband. I'll be doing a 2 part one. Part elastic, part fitted so that if I do have any weight gain/loss that it will still fit me.
The choker progress Part 2 (finishing) (Posted 2nd May 2012)
Finishing the choker by adding beads to decorate the velvet band. I wanted something a little extra but not too drastic so the beads are kept quite small. These were hand sewn on. Sorry about the blur of the photo.
The Choker Progress Pt 1 (Posted 1st May 2012)
Setting up the velvet band of the choker ready to attach the Cameo. The band itself was brought. I have then sealed the ends and have added fastenings on the ends. I've hand sewn them on and made sure that they are really secure.
The choker Cameo Part 2 (Posted 1st May 2012)
Painting the cameo. This is done by starting with a black base coat and then dry brushing on the colours. I do several layers to make the colours really pop. Once its dry I then seal it with a clear hardcoat varnish. Its is then ready to be added to the velvet band.
The choker Cameo Part 1 (Posted 1st May 2012)
The necklace starting point. The centre cameo pieces. Getting them set up. I've brought the parts separately. I've sanded the face piece to fit the frame. They are then glued together.
The choker (Posted 24th April 2012)
My brother found some fabric in his stock that he thought would work well for this so he has offered to me. Keen to make a start on this I've been putting together the choker. I'll be making one of my cameos like I did for Madam Red and then adding it to a piece of velvet that will be made stronger.
I have seen a wig a like for it which I hope to order very soon.