Zelvyne
 


Costume :Claire Redfield
Source :Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Progress :Complete
Worn At :None


Costume Photos

Finished jacket back

Finished jacket front

Original jacket

Reference

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £10
Time Taken : 2 weeks

Description
^_^'

So, I was going to retire CVX Claire for good, but Chloe / RenDMC very kindly gave me her Claire jacket. It's a lovely red denim/cotton drill jacket with the front detailing embroidered by Chloe. So I got it into my head to embroider the rest to match.

It took me about 3 weeks to do the embroidery on the jacket, then I just alltered the length and width of the jacket to fit me a bit better.
I'll probably wear this when I've got the hair for it again. I'm marking this as finished nonetheless since I've got the jeans, belt and gloves for it ^_^

Comments

Avatar Image

great work yet ^^ good luck <3

by Feena on Tuesday, 28 June, 2011 - 16:47
Avatar Image

THAT JACKET IS EPIC. awesome job!!

by Plasticsharkattack on Wednesday, 13 July, 2011 - 21:49
Avatar Image

awesomely done!

by CyanideCustard on Monday, 8 August, 2011 - 15:15
Avatar Image

EPIC JACKET IS EPIC

by lycaneyes on Wednesday, 14 September, 2011 - 21:28
Avatar Image

WOW, I love it. I was thinking of having a go how you done it but wouldn't know where to start lol Excellent

by FangGirl on Friday, 21 October, 2011 - 11:25
Avatar Image

Brilliant cosplay! That jacket is amazing :)

by _Aeon_ on Monday, 1 July, 2013 - 22:35
 

Shopping List

Embroidery threads£4.75Bought
Embroidery hoop£1.79Bought
Total£6.54

Journal

Embroidery...woo (Posted 28th June 2011)

As you can see, I've been working on this for a couple of days now.
The embroidery hoop is leaving a few stretch marks on the fabric, but I'm hoping that will go away in time.
The Valkyrie's hair is brown becuase I couldn't find a suitable orange-y colour - evrything looked too bright, and I want this to not look bright and happy.
Just got the fire, black inner fire, spearhead and writing left to do.

Jacket prep (Posted 26th June 2011)

After deciding to embroider the jacket, I considered embroidering over the design that Chloe printed and stiched on, using it as a guideline, but didn't want to ruin it. I carefully removed it, and it's in perfectly good condition to be re-used.
After that I took a tracing of the design from my computer - it's the same one I always use, so it's the less tall and narrow valkyrie. It's also a tad bigger than the design from the jacket since I messd up my measurements >_<. I spent ages cutting out each bit and tracing it on, ready to start filling in the colours.