|I found the blazer on ebay, changed the buttons to gold ones so that it was more accurate.|
Her patch I found on ebay also, an exact replica of the one from the film.
The bow and mace were handmade and I already had her exact hair cut and hair colour.
This was made for the July Cosplay meet but someone broke my mace without asking to use it (le sigh) and then the photographers camera died after taking loads of shots of everyone else, even though we planned the shoot for a while.
This cosplay is cursed I tells you!
|Sew patch onto suit jacket.||High||Complete|
|Make Mace||High||In Progress|
|Acrylic silver paint.||£0.00||Bought|
|Knee high white socks.||£0.00||Bought|
Nearly finished! (Posted 26th June 2011)
I bought the white shoes over the weekend and managed to find the perfect sized kids ball for the main body of the mace.
I cut the ends of the spiked collar I bought and hot-glued it around the center of the ball.
All I need to do now is spray another layer of paint on the chain, spray the ball and attach the two!
I was going to have the chaining on the main body of the mace, like she has, but I think it may not work, so I think I'll just leave that.
I'll see how I feel later on.
Looking forward to getting photos done more now!
So my first mace attempt failed! (Posted 20th June 2011)
Yeah, it was too heavy and got mishapen.
So, I'm going to start again.
I have finished the chain and the handle however! Just waiting on it to dry and giving it a few more coats of silver spray here and there.
I hot glued the plastic chaining to the handle, which is an old spray can and it looks brilliant!
To make the main body of the mace I'm doing to buy a kids ball, the Disney ones, as they're usually the perfect size. Hot-glue a chocker for the spikes around the center, and maybe put a thin layer of modroc over that before painting and spraying.
Then I'll make a modroc base that'll attach to the chaining!
Can't wait to get started on the main body of the mace!
The Bad-ass Mace: Part One (Posted 15th June 2011)
Right, so I went back to the primary school basics and started the mace by using a balloon and paper mache.
I blew the balloon up to a similar size to the mace, tied it closed and then started to add strips of paper over it. In this image it has a few layers added.
I next plan to add more layers and add the section that goes all around the center, by cutting cardboard strips, sticking it with masking tape to the mace and then adding a layer of paper mache over that.
After that is when the modroc comes in!