|Cost :||Over £200 (Trying not to think about it)|
|Add zipper to brown jumper||Low||In Progress|
|Leg Bag||Low||In Progress|
|Bullet thingies on gloves||Low||Planned|
|Dye remover, butterfly clips extra zips etc||£20.00||Bought|
|Jumper + zip||£13.00||Bought|
|Pleather for gloves||£7.98||Bought|
|Boots + leather cover||£20.00||Bought|
|replacement rib knit fabric||£11.00||Bought|
|Gunblade bag, jacket + grey buckle fabric||£19.60||Bought|
|Bag leather, straps + leather thong stuff||£37.45||Bought|
|Skirt belt & buckle||£3.61||Bought|
|Pauldron materials + paints||£50.00||To Buy|
|MORE STRAP CLIPS||£6.00||To Buy|
Jacket (Posted 9th June 2012)
Yeah.... made the jacket today. Just need more of the weird metal doodads on it and to put in all the studdy-eyelet coin things. idk
I find this entire costume VERY frustrating, it's not very flattering at all. Her body is so elongated I have to wrap the belt /on/ my ribcage instead of at my waist so I can fit the clasps in the correct place which leaves me looking blocky and decidedly not very slim at all.
Ugh will just have to deal. Stupid impossibly long ff characters fdskjfpg
Belts n shit (Posted 6th February 2012)
Because I refuse to believe that that is a skirt, it is merely another belt in the arsenal of beltdom that is Lightning's uniform.
Anyway, here's the complete skirt and hip belt I finished off tonight. The black waist... Thing underneath is attacked to a pair of black shorts for whatever slivers of modesty I have left.
It's been a while since I worked on this costume, but with just less than 2 weeks to Hyper Japan when I'm supposed to be wearing her I guess I better get cracking.
LEG BAG HORROR (Posted 14th June 2011)
This gave me so many more problems than it should have done... but it's mostly complete now, thank god! Just the straps to add on!
Now onto the rest of the costume... ugh...
Prop stuff! (Posted 3rd June 2011)
Well, sort of. This is the first technically-minded piece of cosplay I think I've actually worked on before, and although it might not seem like much, I'm really chuffed with it!
I just drew the different pockets out, mocked them up in card and then taped them together to get an idea of the pattern. I cut 'em out on fabric after that and sewed the pieces together to get an idea of how much seam allowance I'd left - turns out it's not so bad!
Now I just need to cut 'em out on my goats and take it from there :3