|This was all made by me, and suprisingly turned out ok! The horns I made just a tad to big, I had to use a lot of clips to hold it to my head, the wings lost a few feathers during the expo but its ok as I have spare feathers to repair them with. The dress, I should have made fitted to my shape, it was faaaarrrr too baggy lol. One of the most uncomfy cosplays I've ever worn, but I will definatle re-wear her :)|
Improvements I need to do -
Attempt to make smaller horns
Make dress fitted
Make wings wider
Sort out the feet and leg tattoos
Have confidence to wear the open chest properly lol
Wings (Posted 4th September 2011)
Here's the progress for the wings, my Dad helped make the base out of wire, and now i'm going to paper-mache them to make it easier to stick the feathers to them. I just placed the feathers on top to see how they would look, and it's safe to say i need to have a look at some pictures of birds wings and stuff to actually help me get it right ¬_¬ I will be cutting the feathers down and shaping them to. Will make a harness for the wings as well.
Horns (Posted 28th August 2011)
Here's the progress on the horns, carved the shit out of some expanding foam to make these, then covered them in tape, and tomorow I will cover with papermache. Need to figure out how to attatch them to my head though, should probably work with clips being glued on to them, which clip into the wig.
Wig (Posted 25th August 2011)
The wig arrived today, ordered from an ebay store based in China. As soon as I tried it on I knew it was just right for Ultimecia, but it also tangled a lot as soon as I lay one finger on it lol (damn long wigs) I will probably cut this wig to take out some of its thickness, not length, to make it tangle less, then add the pieces I cut off to my foam horns to make them look part of her hair. The picture is bad as my mirror is dusty and covered in eyeliner and crap, but you get the jist, the wig is long and silver/grey, ideal for Ultimecia ^_^