|Doing Syaoran from an artbook picture XD|
Moving on... (Posted 4th July 2011)
Well, I have completed the waistcoat. It needs a few bits touching up but it is, for all intents and purposes, complete. Its gone rather well considering I have no previous knowledge of textile work or technique. I've moved onto trying to do the trousers. I've found a nice white material which isn't see-through for the trousers and I currently have a leg! As for the hat, thats pretty much complete, a bit of detailing work here and there. The shoes are...slow progress since there is no reference picture for them so I'm having to be creative.
Waistcoat fun PART 2 (Posted 21st June 2011)
The waistcoat has been carried on and I've hemmed to all edges that need it. I made a mistake however by putting the bias binding on before the yellow side panels. The binding needs to go OVER the yellow panels so I'll have to unpick that. Also I need to start actually making the yellow bits to the size needed and hem them in preperation for attaching. Its going well overall though! :D
Visor (Posted 17th June 2011)
I've put my waistcoat on hold for now since I need a couple of bits so I started on my visor. Mostly it was adding blue to the top part. Its working... fine so far. I've got the front mostly attached. I plan to stitch it through as much as possible. After which I'll take the rest and stitch to the sides. I won't add to the elastic backing cause thats too much trouble for no gain.
Waistcoat fun (Posted 16th June 2011)
Well, I got some blue material and got to work on Tuesday, it is now Thursday and I have a good waistcoat base!
Of course, the first run through was too short and way too big. This bothered me so I took it in on a back seam to make it fit better, then unpicked it and made a new waistcoat with my spare material. The flaps on the front were WAY too wide, not sure how that happened considering they were about right and I simply duplicated the mockup. I did have the advantage of completely eliminating the back seam which was one of my main gripes.
Next plan is to hem the flaps and bottom parts to get the right length and chest size so it fits. I do need to get some bias binding to go over the hem to make it prettier. So far so good!
Kitsune Misao went up a level! +1 Cosplay Making :P