Tagged Gallery Images
Up to five images tagged in the galleries will be shown above.
|Cost :||lost count... well over £100|
|Awards :||3rd place Sunday masquerade mcm expo october 2008|
|Time Taken :||long time now!|
|full armour version of Al. So far I have completed the helm, the chin (which i'm making as a seperate part for ease of wearing) and the front of the curiass.|
on the list to do:
everything needs latex coating
helm needs the hair tassle
inner quilted padding (the bit that is visible under the arms)
various straps and fixings
i've spent around £22 on it so far, and i'm expecting to spend a further £70-£80 to finish it.
currently, aside from the obvious visual impairment the helm causes, it's very light and very comfortable to wear. it's made entirely out of highly flexible foam sheeting (plastazote PE foam). i'm expecting it to be fairly cumbersome to wear when it's complete, but it IS armour! lol.
the helm was the hardest part -so far-. admittedly that's because i have no one my build living with me right now, so i ask my two flatmates to kindly measure me, and i use my imagination from that point on!
the images i currently have are VERY work in progress. the final costume will obviously not be white, and the black material ties will be cut short and invisible.
project is 100% complete, but the current photographs in the album are work in progress shots. i won't be updating them untill after the october MCM expo!
|sew and fit loincloth||High||Complete|
|add fastenings to greaves.||High||Complete|
|isoflex full armour||Medium||Complete|
|paint pauldron motif||Medium||Complete|
|make, latex and isoflex gloves. eep!||Medium||Complete|
[04th march update] (Posted 4th March 2009)
yep, i'm updating on Al.
checked the suit today for any major damage after the MCM in preperation for rewearing at ayacon later this year. nothing *critical*. a few of the edges could do with either relatexing or binding with ducktape (non are visable, so i can be scruffy with my fixes).
all good stuff!
And it's all over. (Posted 27th October 2008)
back home from london. Al is looking worse for wear, going to have to spruce him up before the next time i wear him
will be updating the gallery in general over the next few days as photos come in. i've managed to delete the txt file with names, so people are going to have to PM me for credit of any photos i post in the meantime unless i retrace my steps and find each of the used photos ^^;;
3rd place!!! (Posted 26th October 2008)
got in the masq on the second to last entry, al was pretty heavily beaten up by this time. Fixed him up and got resuited as fast as I could, waited hours in baking heat, but it was all worth it...
3rd place!!! Big ego boost for my first cosplay!
23rd october update (Posted 23rd October 2008)
costume is packed. everything is ready. expo here we come!!
12th october update (Posted 12th October 2008)
PROJECT 100% COMPLETE
09th october update (Posted 9th October 2008)
ARMOUR 100% COMPLETE!!!
left to do:
tunic, fastenings and makeup.
05th october update (Posted 5th October 2008)
more more more....!
latexed and painted the curiass. looks great.
finally... FINALLY found the right gloves. (in the gardening section at focus!) made the armour plates for them, latexed and painted them.
latexing of pauldrons/upper arms started. maybe finished by the end of the day.
aiming to have almost everything done for next sunday. all that really needs doing now is the legs, the isoflexing and the tunic. that leaves a nice 2 weeks to do any finishing touches!
story so far... (Posted 5th October 2008)
[20th aug update]
back of curiass, collar, inner shoulderpads completed. one foot semi complete.
unmade parts remaining: upper and lower arms x2, upper and lower leg x2, groin, foot x1, gloves x2, outer shoulderpads x2.
[22nd aug update]
made left arm, finished both feet
unmade parts remaining: right arm, upper and lower leg x2, groin, gloves x2, outer shoulderpads x2
[24th aug update]
upper body finished! photo gallery updated!
[29th aug update]
all the body is completed. gloves need making, tunic/loincloth thing needs making, everything needs latexing, but i'm well ahead of time right now!
[14th sept update]
no progress >>;; been really busy at work and spendable money is short for materials. expect an update some time around the end of the first week in october tho!
[24th sept update]
still no *real* progress. i re-cut the inside elbow curves on the lower vambraces for comfort, fixed the pauldrons to the main body permanently, and fixed the shoulder domes to the upper vambraces permanently. mostly cosmetic/comfort edits before i start final latexing sometime next week.
i did try wearing the suit for a prolonged time (about an hour plus) and i was fairly suprised at how natural and comfortable it felt.
[04th october update]
leaps and bounds! latexed and painted the helm, feet and vambraces. looking great! also finished the spikes and permanently fitted them to armour.
also made a permanent decision to abandon trying to make the knee and elbow pads. maybe a future addition.