|Possibly the most effort I've put in to a costume to date. I spent years looking for an accurate bodice fabric but eventually gave in and decided to paint some plain fabric (since buying the fabric and making the bodice I first found a more suitable plain fabric cheaper and THEN someone started producing the fabric on spoonflower. Sob.) The fabric painting probably took longer than the rest of the costume combined but I'm happy with it overall!|
I lucked out with the skirt fabrics and found all of the suitable colours in Calico Laine, plus a pretty decent lace that wasn't terrifyingly expensive. I also picked up some orange fabric for the inside of the skirt. I went with taffeta, which isn't strictly accurate but I love the orange/yellow shine and thought it went best with the rest of the skirt.
Had a slight breakdown when I realized the doctor who exhibition costume was not the same as the promo pictures- I ended up going with the exhibition style one with the bluer waist sash and no floofy things on the ends of the braid.
I made the bustle myself using this tutorial http://americanduchess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/v346-how-to-make-victorian-bustle.html which was super fun and actually really easy!
Hair (Posted 27th July 2013)
Attempt number one at the hair! I think it needs curling as well.
In other news I really hope the temperature drops before aya otherwise I am going to die.
Orange! (Posted 27th July 2013)
Just adding some detail pictures in here for people who are interested :D
Bustle! (Posted 23rd June 2013)
Today I make a bustle which was surprisingly easy! :D Using the tutorial from here http://americanduchess.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/v346-how-to-make-victorian...