theKillingDoll
 


Costume :Kilik
Variant :Player 1 version
Source :Soul Calibur IV
Progress :In Progress
Worn At :None


Costume Photos

Appliqued collar

Mock up

Kilik reference

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £85 so far
Time Taken : 62 hours so far

Description
This has to be one of my all time favourite costumes, the colours work really well together and while having extreme amounts of detail it doesn't seem cluttered and is able to flow

Having made this costume once already, I can see areas to improve upon it as last time was my first attempt at sewing a costume from beginning to end. Therefore, a mark II version is in progress, bringing in every conceivable detail hopefully. This is an attempt to mimic the extraordinary sewing work Lex (Cosplex) has shown over the last few years.

Update Aug 2013:
Starting to replace parts on the original with new ones, with the plan to enter EGX in September. But the overall plan is a totally new costume in the end. I will continue to work on it and post progess

Comments

Avatar Image

Looking forward to seeing.

by Sephirayne on Sunday, 3 July, 2011 - 21:59
Avatar Image

If you're going to Kitaco next year you should join our SC group!

by NakedSalad on Monday, 15 August, 2011 - 11:24
Avatar Image

Good luck with it (:

by Viola on Wednesday, 22 August, 2012 - 13:39
 

Shopping List

Kung fu slippers£6.00Bought
Fabric£40.00Bought
Total£46.00

Journal

Resurrection (Posted 12th August 2014)

So let's resurrect this costume. I have lots of fabric and pieces that have been sitting there ready for this costume, so time to revisit it to see if I can get it finished for EGX in September.

Applique continuum (Posted 26th July 2011)

I continue to do the masses of applique on this costume. Doing it slightly differently on this version compared to the mark I. Firstly, the lighter colours are being gradient dyed to give a better merging of colours. Secondly, I am doing the applique while the main part of the costume is in pieces so I can fold over the ends under the seams, and it is also being done with a much tighter stitch. This last change is making me go through so much thread. Pictures soon

Applique (Posted 17th July 2011)

Kilik has a Phoenix design which wraps around the torso, which I am doing using red, yellow and orange silk satin appliqued to the main costume.

I have started on the collar first as some pieces need to be be completed before the main body is sewn together. This is one of the details that was missing of the mark I version

There is a two-toned colour to these pieces which I have replicated using watered down acrylic paint bled in to the lighter coloured silk satin. These pieces were then ironed on to the fabric using bondaweb and then the egdes appliqued.....carefully.

Mock up complete (Posted 3rd July 2011)

The mock up is based on a cassock pattern with the picture showing the sixth and final version before I start using the main fabric. It has taken a lot of modification to get the desired fit, and a lot of unpicked; I now have a small pile of snazzy bright pink thread that I used to make all the unpicking easier.

It has taken a couple of weeks but it was better to make all the necessary modification with the mock up fabric rather than on the actual silk satin I plan to use. For one, silk satin is expensive and two, it frays badly.

I can now make a start cutting out both the main and the lining fabrics, treating the edges to prevent the fraying, and make a start on some of the applique pieces which need to be done before the main body of the costume can be put together.

And we are off (Posted 19th June 2011)

Fabrics bought, lovely silk satins in blue, red, orange, yellow and brown. The blue is a slightly different shade to the mark I version. Mock up under way and alteration of the trousers completed, shoulder armour and arm guards started.