|Time Taken :||2 months|
|Now I was content to let this sit in a cupboard at home and in the dank the depths of my Coscom gallery to be only occassionally disturbed by the "Hey thats cool" generic comments of neoangelwink et al as they continue to troll the cosplay galleries, but on the run up to con season someone managed to talk me into redoing this without me actually remembering to say yes. |
So I after some wondering a friend suggeseted the OVA version. This seemed a fair enough idea, the OVA is very popular and the project was sufficiently different to provide some interest. So I got to work re-watching the OVA's (As if I really needed an excuse ^^) and making a lot of notes/calculations.
So I got started, the beret I had lying around from an early attempt at the Hellsing Soldier from the Manga, and the BDU's are the same but with one of the badges removed and some pockets added. The armour was the trickiest part to do as it had to been screen accurate, so I bought a shitty armour vest off eBay and promptly tore it to bloody peices. Then found the bits I liked and put it back together using the left over material to make the groin protector etc.
This is one of my favourite projects and i'm really happy with how it turned out!