|Awards :||Midlands MCM Expo 2nd Place|
|Commission for Cheetos|
Set includes: Double breasted coat, pirate hat, bloomers
Bloomers (Posted 6th April 2011)
The bloomers were a shortenned version of a simplicity pattern with button holes to thread the lace up ribbon through and an elastic wasteband.
Pirate Hat (Posted 6th April 2011)
Some years ago I had bought a costume pirate hat for a Haruhi cosplay. I took this apart to get the basic shape for the back and front and scaled it up, partially because Patty's hat is big and partly to make the cosplayer look even smaller in it. The central part was made using my regular hat pattern, with a brown rim and lining hand stitched into place inside.
The anchor is felt that has been satin stitched on. The ruffle is polycotton with a serge stitch hem that was trapped between layers that have also been interfaced. Yellow bias was added at the end.
Priate Coat (Posted 6th April 2011)
I made the coat by modifying a girl's fitted jacket pattern to be a double breasted jacket that is fully faced and lined. The collar was a custom pattern piece and the whole thing was rimmed in bias binding. Sleeve details were added prior to the sleeves being attached. The buttons were painted and are only sewn on for show as I never like the look of button holes creeping out around the buttons so instead the overlapping pannels do up with a series of poppers.