|I must admit I am not making this one entirely. I don't have the sewing skills to make this one from scratch and so I found a second hand one that was up for sale. I have brought it, however its not exactly how I want it and so I am re-vamping the dress with new trimmings, fabric paint, and netting on the dress.|
Took alot longer than I thought due to not having money for a while, on the other hand it has given me time to think about how to do certain parts and how much netting I would need for the skirt part.
Ruffles took the longest to do for a while as pinning and then gathering the whole thing din't work. My boss at work said to do it in sections and do a bit at a time, so I did just this and in one day 3 ruffles were pinned and sewn :).
Still waiting on some money for the wig, need to sort out a few smaller details, but it is DONE. :D I am happy with the results and I'm happy I've spent another £30 to re-vamp this outfit. It looks so much better and can't wait to wear it at an event.
During the day me and Fishyfins swapped our gloves so I got his long ones and he had my short ones :D It worked out perfectly for the photoshoot...
|Fabric Paint, Gold Trimmings, Ribbon, Etc...||£10.00||Bought|
More Ruffles (Posted 1st July 2011)
Thought I would of cracked this dress by now, however the ruffles are getting in my way XD. There's still much more to do on the ruffles. I got the main one on the top of the skirt sewn and looking how I want it to look and the second one has been placed on with pins but looking good.
The third and forth one needs more fabric added to make it look more puffy like, as at the moment it is lacking. So more fabric buying for me, hopefully its just the metre to finish the ruffles down the back and add more fabric to the forth skirt ruffle. Then it's just the gold paint to do on the bodice. Got the wig that I want on the way :3 then its the putting on everything run.
Ruffles (Posted 28th June 2011)
Sorted out the some of the ruffles. All sewn and looking better already. I made them too close together last time and it got way too messy. My cat decide to use the part I haven't done as a cat bed for an hour. That's how the cat is in the photo. I've got more fabric coming my way, and hopefully by thursday I will have a re-vamped dress. Just the wig to get now :3
Quick Update (Posted 13th June 2011)
Got my eye on a wig at the moment, brought some white gloves a few months back that are hanging with the dress, will be buying some more power mesh sometime either this week or next to finished the dress off :) Not really happy with the gems on the bust as you can see the glue mark, I will sort when doing final touches to the dress. Got plenty of time to do this as I don't think I will be going to Ayacon this year.
Gathering of the skirt (Posted 9th April 2011)
Brought 2 metres of power mesh to do V13 and Sandplay, it wasn't right for V13 so I used most of it on the sandplay costume, I did a few lines of 9inch wide pieces and started to make the dress look more fuller and regal. I was going to go in between the original dress work, however its in a terrible stat and so doing the dress fully is my only option. The bottom has been half changed I need to get a load more power mesh to finish the dress off complete -.-
Re-vamp continued (Posted 14th March 2011)
I have finally finished my hat which I am pretty proud of (see completed photo)
I have nearly finished the top half of the dress. I re-did the purple around the top half, and found some lovely trimming that suited the dress more. Hot glued some gems underneath the bust. Fabric painted and drew a design onto the bodice. then strung it with elastic thonging for the many string look. To be it looks more regal and very happy how it is going thus far.
Re-vamp (Posted 28th February 2011)
Having bit of money from sewing a blanket last week gave me the opportunity to start revamping the dress that I brought. I purchased a few pieces of ribbon and some fabric paint.
The hat was re-ribboned properly and hot glued into place, just need some netting and a few sparkles to finish it off. Started painting the middle part of the dress a more darker purple to fit in with the new ribbons on the hat. :D
The dress picture is before painting, it shows the new sleeves and shows all the trimmings were re-moved
Time so far: 2 hours
Boredom sets in (Posted 25th February 2011)
I didn't really want to tackle my cloak (V13) tonight so I thought I would entertain myself with a bit of destruction. I took all the purple ruffly edging off, the gold embroidery and the gold string (which were all hot glued on)
Taken the silver netting part of the purple and taking the black loops off. Its almost completely naked. I took all the ribbon off the hat so now I got a basic black hat to work off of.
The sleeves have been adjusted so the fit more to my arm and the lace has been removed and place near the hem of the sleeves to give it a pleated look.