|Time Taken :||9hrs 22mins|
|This took FOREVER to make. Well, I suppose it just seemed a lot longer than it was because I did a lot of the work the night before (I worked from 4, til around 11pm). The most time was undoubtedly taken by the hat. I do all my sewing by hand, so it took sooo long to get the red material right. It wasn't a ribbon, so I had to fold it over itself so it would have a straight edge, then had to sew it onto the hat. Not too difficult sounding, eh? But trust me, it was.|
The material of the hat was super super thick, and the pin's didn't want to keep it in place. As well as that, there's an elasticated section at the back I had to sew over, so when I got to that bit, I had to stretch the fabric out, which I really needed at least 3 hands to do :/
The red top was actually done weeks in advance. All I did there was cut a section out of the front, cut a collar from an old shirt and sew that on. I probably could have done a much better job if I hadn't rushed that part, but I don't think it looks too awful...
I will be updating and adding little things to this costume for when I cosplay it later this year, so I may add it again for that.
THANKS TO: Mum, again, cause she helped so much that day~