|Time Taken :||14 hours|
|I've loved Kingdom Hearts ever since I played the original game and have always wanted my own keyblade and to cosplay Sora. So after finally deciding that I had the skill to try and make Sora's outfit, I decided I should probably give it a go.|
Keyblade: My dad helped me with this one! (He won't let me use any power tools alas) But it looks really cool and I'm really excited about having it around with me! (Fun props FTW!)
|Make Sora's Red Suit||High||Complete|
|Make Sora's Jacket||High||Complete|
|Make Sora's Shoes||Medium||Complete|
|Finish Sora's Gloves||Low||Complete|
Post-Expo Thoughts (Posted 28th October 2008)
Right, after Expo I have discovered several things about this costume which I need to take note of for future occasions upon when I wear it. Firstly, I must always bring a needle and thread with me, as it requires me needing to sew myself into the shoes (or in the Expo case, having Nocturnal do it for me - thank you!)
Also, avoid wearing the wig during cold/damp conditions as regardless of how much hairspray I use, it seems to want to let the spikes come out (although still a big thank you to Kimpey for letting me use his old Sora wig for this cosplay). Am considering re-making the jacket, or bits of the jacket as I wasn't happy with it, but other than that, a good, fun costume to wear, can't wait to put it on again!
Jacket - Finished! (Posted 19th October 2008)
The jacket is finally complete! Ugh! This took so long to do and became such an annoying mess, everything that could go wrong did! And it didn't help that I had to line it either (I figured seeing as the jacket is open it would look neater to line it on the inside). I'm just so glad that its finally over as I didn't have enough fabic to start all over again, eventually stitching it all together (Though without armholes first time around >.<) made it look more like a jacket, then cutting armholes in and adding the sleeves made me feel a lot better thank goodness.
This means the entire cosplay is done! Yay!
Gloves (Posted 8th October 2008)
Yay! Finished my gloves! I know they don't technically take a long time but I've been busy! :P Also saw to attaching the belt chain to the belt, that's all done now too. So that means the outfit is almost complete! I'll do a full-costume one soon when I have the wig probably :)
Silly Shoes of Win! (Posted 3rd October 2008)
Started the silly Sora shoes today, and they're so much fun!
Decided to go down the same route as I did with Neku's shoes and buy a pair of black trainers as a base and then build what I wanted off them. I always feel sad when I see Sora's without the silly big shoes, so I decided to make them big and silly! So I made them a little longer and wider by buying a cheap pair of plastic clown shoes which I cut up and attached to the ends of the trainers.
To make the bulbous toes I papier mached a big round bulb on the end of each shoe, so now they're big silly and round! Also started adding black fabric over the top of the shoe to start off with (and to hide the laces when I wear them) as well as making some new tongues for my shoes (basically sewed them on my machine quickly and then stuffed them with toy stuffing so they feel like real shoe tongues!
Have also painted some buckles silver to attach for the next bit, so they're all ready and under way!
Photos to come asap!
Red Suit Take 2 (Posted 18th September 2008)
Just saying I've neatened the edges and re-did some sewing about the zip just to make sure it was a little stronger. Now that part of the outfit is all done! Woo! Photos will be up asap!
Now I need to wait for my paycheck to come in before I can see about buying fabric for Sora's Jacket. :)
Red suit (Posted 15th September 2008)
Well, I've been working on this today and I must tell you it took far too much effort!!! Firstly I forgot to bring my chestbinder with me, so measuring things and trying things on was a complete pain to get it to my chest-bound measurements. In the end I spent the majority of the day with duct tape about me so I could try things on and off.
First attempt was a horrible disaster, and lets leave it at that. Second attempt however is made of win!!!
The torso part of the outfit I decided to make in the shape of a swimsuit, that was fun to play around with, especially as I had no pattern or swimsuit to use - lets just say I used plenty of pins. Secondly I decided to add the zip, so it would be easier to try on and off - Zip 0, me 1. Haha, it wasn't as hard as I thought thank goodness!
I then had my first attempt at gathering. Also not as hard as I thought, to attach the legs to the swimsuit bit of the outfit to make the legs appear puffy and stuff. Also at the bottom bit of the legs where the knees are I added some wire just so it sticks out a bit more.
The outfit is surprisingly comfortable! I just need to do some neatening bits about the edges and then its done! :D
Pictures when I next go home and steal a camera T_T