|Cost :||100 pounds|
|Time Taken :||100 hours|
|My Group Undead Cosplay came up with the concept for a victorianesque steampunk inspired group for the May Expo. I made almost every costume in the group bar 3. The combined man hours for all the costumes must have been about 400 hours.|
The costume kind of made itself as I went along. I had an idea on how I wanted the costumes to all look and what each character should look like.
I hand painted the leather corset, hand made the rotating key. (yes, it does spin!). I also sewed the tutu from 30 metres of tutu fabric in 5 different colours from yellow to deep red. Fun fact one of the layers in the tutu was actually uv glowing under black light. The top layer of the skirt was made from a black rose fabric which were hand painted with bronze fabric paint (about 200 of them). I already owned the boots but changed the laces to red ribbons to tie into the costume. I made the makeup as I went along on the day, and drew on the arm joints about 3am the night before.
I love this costume, she is fun to wear and I loved having the moving key.