|Time Taken :||1 week|
|This is a costume that comes from the Thores Shibamoto Artbook of Trinity Blood. |
I haven't decided if there will be wings. It is very tempting as Abel is so awesome.
Yes, I know its another Abel costume but I just can't resist. I really love the design and that he has an interesting prop for it.
YES!!!! THERE WILL BE A BOOK O' DOOMMMMMMMM!!!!
After having a bit of a hiatus on this I have decided I would love to get it finished so aiming to have this done for Kitacon 2014.
|Embroidery and Patches||High||In Progress|
|THE BOOK O' DOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!||High||In Progress|
|Customise Gun||High||In Progress|
|The Armour of Epic||Medium||In Progress|
|The Bling of Epic||Low||Planned|
|15 meters sliver bias binding||£4.35||Bought|
|2 pieces of mounting board (for the book)||£5.98||Bought|
|Box folder (base for the book)||£2.99||Bought|
|Blue Contacts by Eyecasions||£15.00||Bought|
|1 meter of silver PVC||£4.99||Bought|
|Toy gun prop||£2.99||Bought|
Restarting after a two year hiatus (Posted 27th August 2013)
After a two year gap I decided I really would like to get this complete since I have all the materials. I've decided to redo the crosses for the cassock as I wasn't happy with how they are looking. I did some recent applique and was happy with how it turned out so have decided to do them that way instead.
(Will update with pictures soon).
Gun progress 2 (Posted 8th March 2013)
Once I was happy with the lettering I then filled in some of the handle gaps ready for the handle detail.
For the handle detail I decided on using left over Wonderflex. It would be easy to shape round the handle. So I measured a section and then cut out the cross shape I needed. I then heated it with a heat gun and then shaped it round the handle. Once happy with the shape I then superglued it in place. I then added a smaller cross piece in Wonderflex. Finishing off with stick on gems that will become part of the detail.
(Sorry for bad photo. Lighting not great but you get the idea).
Gun progress 1 (Posted 8th March 2013)
Gun customization begin!
I began by sanding off any details I didn't want on the toy gun. I then filled in any holes (that were sews for the toy) with Milliputt. I then added the lettering on the barrel by using one of fine detail heads on my Dremel Multi-tool.
Finally have a gun for Abel (Posted 1st July 2012)
Yes, I know I've been cosplaying as Abel since 2008. But I have never had the right gun. I've just been randomly using one of my spare ones from my old Lara Croft cosplay.
Spotted one the other day in a local fancy dress shop that would be perfect. It needs a repaint and some decoration added. Because it is quite a bit bigger than the one I have been using I will need to make it a holster as well.
Cross patches for cassock (Posted 16th January 2012)
Spend a large part of yesterday getting these bad boys done. They are made from silver pvc cut into the right shape with red cotton velvet glued underneath. They have been spot glued in place to save the velvet from moving too much when they are attached to the cassock. They may not look like much at the moment. I'm hoping that when they are appliquéd on to the cassock they will look much better.
Book prop finally finished (Posted 16th April 2011)
Well,, at least the first part is XD.
I finished it with spray varnish.
Hopefully the second part will match the first half (now to find a tiny cross).
Now its the start of the armour *dreads*
Book prop progress 3 (Posted 16th April 2011)
Now that all the details have been done its now time to paint.
I use a base primer and then paint with Games Workshop acrylic paints. I use my dry brushing method that I use on armour to make it really pop.
Book prop progress 2 (Posted 16th April 2011)
Now have added most of the details. I have decided to do this in two parts for ease of transport so the center piece has velcro added for the second piece.
Book prop progress 1 (Posted 16th April 2011)
Began adding all the details to the base box file that will become the BOOK O' DOOOMM.
I'm using mounting board for all the base shapes and jewellery beads to add dimension.
Started FINALLY!!! (Posted 31st March 2011)
After having to delay starting this for over a month (due to work load) I can finally say that I have started this.
Began working on the book today. I'm setting up the base shape before piling on the details. Not sure if I can build a teeny Jesus so I might have to try and find one (any suggestions?!?).
I also started working on the smaller cross patches for the cassock.
IT BEGINS!!! (Posted 2nd February 2011)
15 meters of silver bias tape is on order so it all begins. I went with a less shiny one this time as I felt the one I had on my other Abel was too 70's disco, less epic art-book pretty. Once I have the tape then I can start work on the robe as I have enough left over from the previous Abel :D
Book Prop planning (Posted 1st February 2011)
Starting to plan this now as I can foresee that this costume could take some time to build.
I thought about using a box folder as a base that way it should remain reasonably sturdy. I'll then build the book design around that using a combo of cardboard and craft foam.