|Time Taken :||Month and half so far...|
|Panty and Stocking is my new favourite anime series, and I really wanted to cosplay from it. My GF wants to be Stocking, but however much I want to dress as Panty, I don't have the body confidence. However I'm exactly the right build for Garterbelt, and he is a hilarious character (and means I get to shout and be grouchy in character!)|
The robe is based on a pattern I have for a peasant shirt, and I will be wearing a regular shirt backwards under it to get the dogcollar. The beard is made of felt, and I bought an over-sized afro from a local fancy dress shop.
Currently the pieces are all cut out, and I have some red ribbon to make the cross on the stole (priest's scarf). I just need to start sewing. I think I will sew the stole just at the shoulders to keep it in place, but allow it to flap about in the wind.
Overall its pretty straightforward. The hardest part was working out how to do the collar, but I solves that by making newspaper mock-ups long before I even bought material.
There's a small group of P&S cosplayers going to be at the May Expo. It should be fun!
|Shorten and double hem front/back||High||Complete|
|Hem stole, and attach ribbon||High||Complete|
|Try it on and take pictures||High||Planned|
|Sew side seams||Medium||Complete|
|Attach beard to elastic||Low||Complete|
|Find hollow book as a prop and handbag substitue||Low||Complete|
|Finish up on book/bag||Low||Complete|
Mostly done... (Posted 31st January 2011)
The robe is now finished, but I'm putting-off doing the stole as its going to be a lot of fiddly hemming.
I've finished the beard, although I might reinforced the edges to prevent stretching and ripping.
And I've found a suitable book to modify. It's a Clive Cussler novel :)
Progress on the robe (Posted 16th January 2011)
After a false start (hooray for seam-rippers!) I'm making good progress on the main part. The sleeves are now the right length and the cuffs are double-hemmed; the collar is the right size and also double hemmed; and the sleeves and front/back are attached (currently making a large X with the hole for my head at the centre).
Next step is to shorten the front/back to the right length (I always over estimate seam allowance) and double hem. Then I'll just have to sew up the side and sleeve seams.
After that is hemming the stole, and attaching the red ribbon for the crosses.
I also need to sew the elastic onto my beard. It's safety pinned at the moment.