|Cost :||eeek no idea? I'd say about £45?|
|Right! Well this was my first cosplay EVAR O_O whoa. So yeah, I'm pretty new to this stuff. Basically, I was low on cash AND low on making skills ^_^; so I decided to compile this outfit from random pieces of clothing - hopefully you guys think it turned out ok! ;) Right! Here's a list of what I used...|
1. two halternecks - one black, one white, layered so that the black was on top. I figured this would give the appearance of yoruichi's top. £5 each. Used the tie up of the black one to make yoruichi's bow! resourcefulness FTW. (hid the white tie under my wig)
2. black hakama - as I've said, I am really bad at making, so these were literally a God-send. I had been shopping around for ages and was worried I'd have to get someone (aka my mum) to help me make them in the end due to how expensive they were (£70+ >_<) BUT luckily I found a site that had a display outfit. It came with the white top also used in kendo, and as it wasn't in PERFECT condition (it had been on display for ages) they let me have the whole thing for £10!!! Which was ridiculously awesome. True, the size was XXL or something ridiculous, but that doesn't matter - I have ridiculously long legs (6ft, growing, and misproportioned here =_=U) but let's just say I could never wear that top! ^_^; Anyway back on topic, these hakama are the legit thing, and a bit of a pain to tie up BUT I think they fit the costume nicely! :D
3. White sports socks. Basically just... socks. I've had them for years but you could get em for like £3 :P
4. Black ballet shoes - yup I didn't have official martial arts shoes so these fit the bill (plus they were cheap - mum runs a dance school). BUT A WORD OF CAUTION. Ballet shoes LOOK great but I was in SERIOUS PAIN by the end of the day. Not kidding. I could FEEL my feet blistering. All the floors at ExCel were stony and hard or hard carpet :( so be warned! (I shall be wearing insoles next time). Not sure of price...
5. Black stirrup leggings - these were from UniQlo and I spent about 3 days rushing around central london trying to find them. But why were they needed? Two words. Hakama. Holes. Yep, hakama have two big slits by the waistband where the top should be, but my halternecks don't reach that low. HENCE, needed something to hide my undies :P The ones I got weren't ideal (they were kinda shiny) but I think they were ok. I wore the stirrup over the ballet shoes, to match her outfit. About £5?
6. Purple Wig. £14 on Ebay. This wig BASICALLY dictated which yoruichi I went as. As I don't have relaxed hair and my mum would KILL me if I dyed it, I needed a wig. Wigs. are. EXPENSIVE. Hence, I couldn't go with the long yoruichi wig as I had hoped *sigh* however, I really like this one and think it turned out fine! :D
7. Yellow contacts. Brought from TokyoToys for about £15. They certainly were striking! Even though I wear glasses irl and it took me a LITTLE while to work out how to wear them *cough8 they worked fine! :D However, my eyes are quite dark, so they did come out a little green. I regret not accentuating them with eyeliner and mascara though :/
8. Fingerless gloves. Not the EXACT replica of yoruichi's, but close enough. They were a little shorter and the fingers were a bit different but overall effect achieved. About £5 from some random website.
And that's that I think! Still cost me less than an official cosplay costume! :D And I think my hakama looked better ;D teehee. Hope you like!