|*highlights everything and clicks delete again*|
unfortunately my Grand ball plans have changed! due to servere lack of funds i'm having to change my cosplay to Chii in her overly beaded dress. ^^'
I simply cannot afford the 20 odd metres of fabric, a new wig, a whole loads of trimming, heat press ink and countless lengths of ribbon to make the Sakura dress. it's just too expensive.
plus this was my back-up dress for a reason! ^^
~ about 5 metres of white Poly cotton
~ 2 metres of satin or lining fabric (for dress and matching bloomers)
~ countless packets of pale blue see through plastic beads (glass will be too heavy!)
~ White ballet slippers
~ Really really thin white ribbon (to thread the beads onto)
~ thicker ribbon for straps
~ Blonde wig
~ Fimo for making new Chii ears
2ND UPDATE 26/08/08: Why did the PVA bubble? Why? *emos*
UPDATE 26/08/08: Started the ears today. i have a thing about my cosplays being as accurate as possible and for the ball it has to be doubley so, the ears i'd made for expo in 2006 just didn't cut it and decided to go about finding a way to make a much nicer and sturdier pair of persecom ears.
omg it was hard.
decided fimo was the best thing to use, then i had to figure out how i'd shape them, how it's keep that shape while it wasin the over and how i'd stick it together. also, how would i make them look full and "juicy" like chii's do?
so i spent about 2 hours last night playing with paper and model magic and figuring out a way to make her ears RIGHT because dammit people chii's ears aren't round!! they're quite obviously not round from the side.
so i drew up my template last night and used model magic to make a simple base supported with toothpicks. then this morning after i'd gone and bought more fimo, i cut out the templae shape from roled flat white fimo (which didnt stay white for long, damn black dogs) and place THAT over the tin foil template shape so the fimo wouldn't stick to the model magic while baking. then i secured them to the model magic using more tooth picks and stuck them in the oven along with 2 circles.
when it was done baking i filed away the rough and uneven edges and painted the right pieces the right colours.
once the paint has dried i plan to paint over them again with PVA glue to make them shiney and yummy looking. ^_^
i will post up the templates when i'm finished so at least people can get the shape right. ^^ i'll also post up illustrated instructions. ^^