kitsune
 


Costume :Nine tails
Variant :gijinka
Source :pokemon fan art by l_hakase/patty
Progress :Complete
Worn At :Hyper Japan July 2013


Costume Photos

back/tails

dancing 3

dancing 2

dancing

close up

photo 2

light up

ref two

ref one

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £120
Time Taken : 2 months

Description
Nine tails design by an artist called I_hakase/patty, was a "if" costume I started and then gave up with now after arguing back and forth I'm going to do it for hyper japan.

link to artist page on pixiv:

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=34378

Comments

Avatar Image

Looks like a fantastic design! Would love to know where you got them from! Good luck!

by neomogrox on Friday, 27 May, 2011 - 17:15
Avatar Image

Thank you the artist is called l_hakase I beleive they have a pixiv account if you can find them they do a lot of pokemon designs :)

If not you can go to Gelbooru (http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=l_hakase) for their work but the site has a lot of dodgy adverts - -;

So be careful with that link...

by kitsune on Wednesday, 1 June, 2011 - 10:22
Avatar Image

Love the design, looks great :)

by WhiteWraith on Monday, 29 July, 2013 - 10:48
Avatar Image

Thank you :)

by kitsune on Monday, 29 July, 2013 - 11:08
 

To-Do List

MaskHighPlanned
wire frame for skirtHighPlanned
FabricHighPlanned
ears/head bandHighPlanned
Lantern MediumIn Progress
tailsMediumPlanned

Journal

kinda cool skirt. (Posted 1st July 2013)

so most of it is done now, sadly after trying it on I have to re-iron it again ( but a more powerful steam) since It did not hold its shape very well. Other then that I just have to finish the sleeves for the kimono top an it is done. :)

Also excuse the trousers and bow legs in the picture.

fluffy tails (Posted 13th June 2013)

All the tails are done now and are secured to a belt under the obi, decided to colour the ends of the tails so they actually match ninetails tails. All that is left is to line the yukata top, make the headband ears and put a clip on the fron obi bow so it can be secured on tightly.

skirt test (Posted 5th June 2013)

Trying to get the right height on the skirt is hard without a big petticoat but it still looks nice as it is at the moment.
The bow and waistband are done just need to iron it all and iron the pleats in place.
The top has been started, I have tone sleeve and the main body just need to cut ans sew the other sleeve and lining parts.
Over all almost done really. :)

pleats!!!! (Posted 3rd June 2013)

I really hate pleating even more when I have to do it with a meter by 3m wide fabric, lots of fun. The mask is done and have a wig from coscraft, all the fabric is here just need to cut it all to a pattern and do the accessories.

( will iron out the skirt after it all been sewn up)

new mask. (Posted 22nd May 2013)

a picture of the old mask (right) vs the new mask (left). the new one is made of worbla so it is a lot lighter now and easier to wear. The old one was made of paper mache but it is so thick that is weighs far to much.
Working on the ears next along with the top, I have the fabric for the top outside but yet to get the lining or the skirt fabric.

lots to do. :)

Restart. (Posted 21st May 2013)

SO after having a break down making Nao I have decided to do this instead and I'm re-doing it all. I have a new wig ready and started work on the new mask which I will post soon after it has been painted.

No images yet since my camera is dead.

Mask completed (Posted 2nd June 2011)

finaly completed painting the mask (really should have waited to get the matching fabric first but I can sort that out later).

I still have to add ties to the side so I can put it on, will get some sort of strong rope/ribbon to secure to that to my face.

More mask work (Posted 1st June 2011)

After a few slip ups I have painted the black parts of the mask for now so I can do the red/orange parts next once I have matching fabric ( best to get the fabric first so I can match the paint to it)

Also the chin looks a bit rough D: got to sort that out.

Paint Paint paint... (Posted 27th May 2011)

Sorted out more of the mask (since its being a pain) painted it a few coats of white and cut out the eyes so could see out of it.

Also to sort out the uneven edges I cut them with a stanly knife and pealed back some of the wire, so I can layer on anther load of paper mache on the back. (so the wire doesn't scratch my face).

Mask work (Posted 25th May 2011)

I've never really made such a mask before I was going to buy a plastic naruto anbu mask ( I think thats what its called) and edit it a bit. But this way is a lot more fun I've used fine wire mesh and pre made paper mache mix that can be formed like clay but it is a lot lighter when its dry then clay.

once dry I will coat it white but also I'll cover the back of the mask so it doesn't scratch my face in places where thw ire has been cut to shape.