alytheluvly
 


Costume :Princess Daisy
Variant :Made to my friends specifications
Source :Mario
Progress :Complete
Worn At :London MCM Expo October 2010


Costume Photos

Daisy

Daisy at expo in Mario group

Princess Daisy Ref.

 


Costume Information

General
Cost : £35.00 so far.
Time Taken : About 10 hours

Description
Princess Daisy costume I am making for my friend :)
She drew the dress design, and I'm making the actual dress.
She won't be wearing a wig, as she is dying her hair brown.

Started on 22.09.10
Finished 20.10.10

Nice easy dress, with ALOT of elastic!
I just hope it fits my friend now ....

Comments

Avatar Image

Lindsey looked so beautifull too. ^_^
SOft shoes to get from hotel to Expo next time!!

by Ranma1-2 on Wednesday, 3 November, 2010 - 15:19
Avatar Image

She did ^_^
We'll do a Lily Allen, and wear trainers with pretty dresses XD

by alytheluvly on Thursday, 4 November, 2010 - 19:28
Avatar Image

looks great and she looked really good ^_^

by SamanthaKaiba on Monday, 10 January, 2011 - 21:42
Avatar Image

Thanks! She's really happy with it! ^_^

by alytheluvly on Wednesday, 12 January, 2011 - 13:42
 

To-Do List

make off the shoulder sleeves.HighComplete
Sew on zipHighComplete
Check seams and neatenHighComplete
Modify bodice to fitHighComplete
Make sure my friend dyes her hair! XDHighIn Progress
Sew on star shapes to skirtMediumComplete
apply gems to crownMediumComplete
sew on satin ribbon to bodice and sleevesMediumComplete
Make a pretty bowMediumComplete
Cut out fabric (already have patterns)MediumComplete
Sew on Daisy broochMediumComplete
Iron on interfacing to skirt patternMediumComplete

Shopping List

Gems for crown and broach.£1.50Bought
White ribbon/lace£3.00Bought
Zip£1.50Bought
Shoes£8.90Bought
5 Meters of satin. £5.00 per meter.£25.00Bought
Total£39.90

Journal

Over a week to go ... (Posted 19th October 2010)

Sewn the sleeves on, making off-the-shoulder sleeves aren't fun ;_;
I've attached the ribbon, and it looks really cute!
Just got to finish off the elastic and attach the brooch!
And then all I have to do is make a big pretty bow :D
Should be finished by tomorrow! (woot!)

Ok (Posted 15th October 2010)

I modified the bodice to fit, sewn the zip on, and sorted the hem around the bottom of the skirt.
I like easy things :)

achoo ... (Posted 8th October 2010)

Had a bit of a cold this week, so only done a bit of work on this dress.
I have sewn the orange pattern to the skirt, and then applied some fabric glue to seal the fabric (don't want it to fray!)
My friend tried on the bodice .. and it is huge on her! So i've got to take it in a bit ...
Will continue on Monday ...

More progress (Posted 28th September 2010)

Bodice has been sewn together.
Interface has been ironed onto skirt pattern pieces.
Everything has been pinned, but I ran out of time to sew it all together ...

Finally some progres! (Posted 22nd September 2010)

Today I have cut out all the parts for the skirt, including interfacing for the skirt pattern.
I have also cut out the bow.
Will hopefull cut out the top half tomorrow and perhaps start sewing it all together! This dress seems to be quite easy!